Ducati 1098

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1967vmax

Reaction score
I found a 2007 ducati 1098 superbike on a web classifides site for $4000, I thought this was a very high end bike? but i dont know much about ducatis ,just curious. www.pennswoods.net classifides.

Yep - beware! It may be a fixer upper but it's Italian which means $$$ for parts and labor.

It's either got gremlins hidden somewhere, it's stolen, or it's a scammer. That bike is easily worth twice that assuming good condition.

Yes, it is a high-end Italian bike. And the high MSRP is just the beginning....say hello to $200 brake pads and $30 spark plugs, and God help you if any of the 29,000 electronic sensors goes bad.

Scam for sure!! As for the cost of maintaining a Ducati, they are not much more expensive for electronics than any other sport bike, yep there is a lot of preventive maintenance, and parts can be spendy. Thing is if you can afford the bike you can afford the upkeep.

In 2007 the 1098S went for 20k and the regular 1098 went for 15k. That's too much of a price drop due to depreciation alone. It might be branded or it could be a scam. Be careful, for sure.

Blaine

Im not buying,just jumped out at me as being to cheap. I want to finish my max first(1500 mtr) and at 42 im done with crotch rockets.

Im not buying,just jumped out at me as being to cheap. I want to finish my max first(1500 mtr) and at 42 im done with crotch rockets.

Sport touring bikes are a nice alternative. I'm 45 and found the upright seating position on the Max to be uncomfortable after several hours. I miss the VBoost but my spine likes the seating position of the Bandit better! Some folks do not like the look of the new Honda VFR but I'm sure its got enough comfort/power and go to satisfy both needs.

My bro sold his Busa for a Cruiser and wishes he stayed with the 'Busa b/c it's more comfortable over the long haul.

That 1500 should be wicked! Enjoy!

Blaine

Yeah i came so close to buying a new 08 zx14, even had the credit check done and payments figured out with muzzy exhaust ,fender eliminator kit,back in sept out the door for 11k but i didnt go through with it , I want to finish the max first,been wanting a cruiser for long trips hooked up with tunes, thinking street glide, something me and the wife can ride all day. JIM

Latest posts

Back