Pipes came today!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

06VMAXIMUS

Reaction score
Went home for lunch, and my Marks pipes came!! If the fit and sound is half as impressive as the finish and quality of these pipes, it looks like I am in for a real treat! Can't wait to put them on this weekend and fire it up!:punk:

Congratulations! You sir are the proud ower of some bad ass sounding and looking pipes!
I know your work day cannot get over soon enough so you can look over and bolt them up. I'm the same way right now with my engine! I may pull a all nighter and put her in tonight!! Probably not as I have a few prep items to take care of, get a good night's sleep and hit it early tomorrow.

I want one!!!!! Quit stopping @ the watering hole on the way home so I can feed the monkey and get me a set. If we get rained out at the Pittsburgh run( I hope not but accuweather says it aint looking good) I'll be ordering me some too. You lucky dawg.:clapping:

eh we can relaly start lookign at weather in the next week or so. my final dyno session is next week to get my midrange dialed in then i'm doing f'ing with it.

Not to worry VMaximus....your pipes will install perfectly....and yes, you are in for a treat. Just be sure to remove any fingerprints or dirt smudges prior to the first fire. Enjoy!!

-Mike

Make sure you test fit it before installing. I found it necessary to file some of the pipes to ease install. Only a little bit but it was needed.

Chris

Fit and finish on mine was top notch. Everything fit together nice and tight and the installation was pretty straight forward.

One of the biggest PITAs was getting the old pipes off. Going back on is a cinch in comparison. Took just a bit of head scratching to figure out how to get the rear ones in.

One last thing, when you install the front headers, make sure that the spring clip retainers are on the inside. They will install pretty easily swapped around.

I got mine all together before I realized the front headers were on the wrong sides DOH! :bang head:

Now the sound......good Lord, Mary and Joseph. Cranking it up in the garage with the tail pipes facing in was quite a treat. Sounded like I was reving a race motor in there.

Yes, Make sure to clean the pipes off before starting her up. If you dont, you WILL see exactly where you touched it. I missed cleaning a place and they show.

They fit great, and the sound is hard to describe! Brought the beast to life, for sure! Getting the old pipes off was like a Chinese cross word puzzle...hard to know where to start. The Marks went in well, things to remember are 1) to put the front pipes on with the spring clips facing inward, 2) put the left rear pipe in first before the right, 3) assemble the 2 piece crossover tube before sliding it onto the four pipes. 4) wipe clean before starting, 5) enjoy the friggin AWESOME sound these give off.

Latest posts

Back