Are you a new member? Come here and say hi!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: New Max owner saying Hi

Welcome to the site, and to the wonderfull world of Vmax ownership/ridding....

from one sport bike guy (former on my part) to another....

Hey everybody,

Just got me a '02 VMAX with carbon fiber fenders and airbox cover. I am not fimiliar with VMAXs at all so i will be doing alot of research in this forum. Was the carbon fiber a special edition or anything? I love the bike and will post pics when i get them on the computer.

Re: New Member

The carbon fiber was just a paint color (03-04 I think?) The only special edition that I know of was the anniversary edition '05.

Feel free to ask any questions that you want. Someone on here should be able to answer them.

Welcome to the newest hooligan, Lan1201!

Welcome to the site, carbon fiber was the regular paint color for several years (99-02), mine had carbon fiber on it (its an 01), but it has bright red (88 color) skin and fenders now...

Correct me if I'm wrong guys, but wasn't the carbon fiber the most used "paint" of them all? Was there another color that was used more?:ummm:

Welcome Lan1201...

You can find a bunch of info by using the search function or you can also P/M one of the old timers or Admin and they can point you in the right direction...

Cheers

I believe you're right. '99 through '04 was carbon.

Before that I'd have to say red....which was '87 - '89 and '95. Could've been dark blue....'85, '86, '90, '91 for sure. '92?

Mark

Thanks for the input yall ive been reading up alot and am really excited to be a V Max owner.

2002 V Max

stock pipes, aftermarket levers and mirrors.

DSC00715.jpg

DSC00714-1.jpg

DSC00706-1.jpg

Last edited:

2002 V Max

stock pipes, aftermarket levers and mirrors.

Looks like more than that M8...

Blinkers and licence plate location are different too...:thumbs up: Oh and a speedo bug deflector...

Damn clean looking bike!

Enjoy it.

Looks like more than that M8...

Blinkers and licence plate location are different too...:thumbs up: Oh and a speedo bug deflector...

Damn clean looking bike!

Enjoy it.

You are right i was in a hurry when i posted the pics. The levers and blinkers are carbon fiber as well. Relocated license plate and a 180/80 rear tire.

You are right i was in a hurry when i posted the pics. The levers and blinkers are carbon fiber as well. Relocated license plate and a 180/80 rear tire.

180? Hope it's just a 170... I don't think a 180/80 will fit...:ummm: I am running a 180/55/17 which just barely fits in there...

180? Hope it's just a 170... I don't think a 180/80 will fit...:ummm: I am running a 180/55/17 which just barely fits in there...

He is running the stock 15 inch wheel on the back.

actually mark. The carbon was used from 99 to 02 and is actually nothing more then a vinyl decal applied to the parts. The 03-04 model years had matte greyish black with 2 racing stripes on the lid. 06 and 07 share colors but pretty much every other year was a different coloration (a few early years even offered more then one color).

Sean

I was wrong. I looked at the tire again and saw that it is actually a 170/80. Not sure where i got the 180 from, it was just a mistake.

Last edited:
newb says hello!

hi ya folks.

I'll be picking up my new to me Max tuesday and riding it 1300 miles back home.

i am soooo stoked!

here is my current ride, a 2004 ZRX1200

i think the Max will complement the Rex

trackday.jpg

Latest posts

Back