Chroming Your VMax

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:punk: That's true. I had a couple pieces done at Chromemasters and this is how it ended up. I'm sure Sean does a good job but we couldn't agree on price and I had just waited about 3-4 months on a set of hoses so I wasn't to happy with the service either. But Sean did agree it was too long. Here's a couple of pictures of some of the Chrome work. Good Luck, Spurs

wow spurs,i see you got the fever ... :clapping:
beautiful max you have, i'm sure you turn heads everywhere you go

Check my album. Have much more than scoops, side panels chromed..... :biglaugh:

I am a big fan of polished instead of chrome.....but, the scoops are a huge pain in the arse to get looking good. I had Sean chrome mine and am super happy with them.

I could easily spot the polished because of the lack of reflection (not saying they don't look ok but they just don't pop). The chrome is also FAR FAR easier to keep up.

Sean

It does make the bike stand out for sure. I have a mixture of chrome and polished aluminum and the chrome is definitely worth it just for the ease of maintenance.

Hi, my names Ed and I'm a chrome addict. Here's a few pics of mine.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346794019.084006.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346794052.782658.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346794154.776097.jpg
Main thing is to take your time and do it the way YOU like it! That's all that matters
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346794266.394806.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 4S✨

I bought my 2nd vmax in 05 and have just finished it this year to where im happy with my bike its a labor of love and $$$ but you dont have to do all unless you have deep fat pockets which i dont. All of my parts have been done by Sean and the motor was done by Pcw Racing. Am i done hell no now that its finished i want lighter wheels and im tired of the body set,LOL what can i say Mod Monkey !!!!!

Chrome looks great on a Vmax. For me, the $$ has to go for get me there stuff. and stop me quick, before pretty.But if I could do both I would. Lots of Matt balck powder coating on my ride for a reason. Plus I kind of like it, it doesn't show the dirt. Morley for chrome before anybody. Finding a chromer that has cores? Priceless. I couldn't imagine waiting on chrome to go riding.
Steve-o

Last edited:
Sweet looking bike:punk:

Thank you very much Jedi, I'm also a big fan of your bike and your fabricating skills. We're very lucky to have guys like you and Sean on this forum. Thanks again, and looking forward to seeing more of your one off Vmax parts. Ed✨

Here's a couple more pics from the ISCA World of wheels show this year and a couple awards its won both years I entered it. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346808665.506151.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346808702.636954.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346808719.852036.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346808732.675810.jpg
Thanks again for the nice compliments, and if you want Chrome DEFINITELY see Sean. Ed✨

Sent from my iPhone 4S✨

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346808641.662182.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346808641.662182.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 11
Just wondering... I got something on spray on chrome. Seemed like something to try until I saw the price of their least expensive "kit". Just wondering if anyone had experience with the spray on chrome. I see that there are a couple of people in Michigan that advertise they do it- I have no idea how much they charge.

Just wondering... I got something on spray on chrome. Seemed like something to try until I saw the price of their least expensive "kit". Just wondering if anyone had experience with the spray on chrome. I see that there are a couple of people in Michigan that advertise they do it- I have no idea how much they charge.

I've seen that also, I think Alsa makes the one I saw and they actually had a video where they "sprayed" a sport bike so the whole bike was chrome. It looked awesome and I ask Sean about it and he said he actually had a so called kit but he hadn't tried it yet. That's one of those things that if you knew what you were doing, then I'm sure you could do it yourself. But if you never did it you might want to have it done by someone who has.

Ahhh yes, I miss my chrome........and I did mine the easy way....just the skins.
Everyone thought it was a VRod....shame on them......

I regret selling them to fund other projects but it sure was pretty and easy to clean.

This was only 2 years ago.

Attachments

• IMG_0880.jpg
    IMG_0880.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 22
Whoa. I'm not the biggest chrome fan but that looks sick as hell. I'd have to ride that with microfiber gloves or the smudging would kill me. How'd that work out when the sun hit the tank?

I was thinking of doing exactly that, or do the "tank" and fenders in black. I was thinking of powder coat, but I can't do the fenders in powder. So now I was thinking of "black chrome", But I can do black paint a lot cheaper.

BTW- how do the emblems on the "tank" come off- are they just stickers?

Latest posts

Back