Need more room!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

03VMax

Reaction score
Hi all,
Has anyone found a longer shift lever? I can bearly get my size 12s in between the peg and shifter. I tried the search with no luck. If it was just a couple of inches longer! I know...that's what she said:rofl_200:

lol
It's funny, cause I am looking for a shift lever SHORTER than stock. As well as a brake lever. Might have to go look into a couple machine shops and see if they can craft something up out of billet or something.

The shift lever is adjustable. loosen the 2 jam nuts on the shifter linkage then turn it so the shift lever goes up or down, Which ever way you need to go. then retighten the nuts.

Like most everything else on a bike, what was once awkward ergonomics can, with enough miles, seem perfectly acceptable. Now if it's something that has bothered you for miles and miles or if you aren't willing to just live with it, then ya I think custom is going to be your only choice. I haven't come across any alternate brake or shift levers that don't also include a change of foot peg placement. I wonder if the venture are the same size/length?

Thanks guys. I'll try adjusting it down a little and give it some more time. It's got to be me!

We could get a billet lever made or simply section one. We are doing some section work for another customer on his hand levers.

Sean

You will want to adjust it upwards. I wear a 13 and couldn't "comfortably" get my foot under the shifter. Just my 2 cents. :biglaugh:

Latest posts

Back