Swing arm queiry .

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RazoR333

Reaction score
I would like to switch to a 3" streched swing arm, but don't have enough to buy the rim's yet . Not to mention there are so many great one's out there now to chose from.
My question is can i still use my stock wheel on the extended swing arm , till i can upgrade to a 17 " wheel at a later date? Or will the notch not be centered enough for the stock 15" tire ?

Notch won't matter on the swingarm. I think we may be getting serious on the swingarm setups (listening Frank?). I'm going to estimate a $400 price range on it not including driveshaft (which I may be able to provide for a little less the Furbur).

Sean Morley

Would it also be braced? What are the coating choses? I don't think I would require a "heavy shaft", as I don't plan to drag it on any regularity. Also , unless I win the lottery, I don't see me grafting a blower on to the Max,..as much as I would like to,...MuahaHhaha.
And sorry for the question firing squad ,..but is it you that sells the seats with the wider passenger seat ? If so ..I think thats great, I travel a carry bag most times as i ride to work as often as possible. That, and i would like my daughter to be comfy when she comes for a ride.
I have the " Corbin" seat right now , but not sure if I have all the hardware that the original seat had. Would you be able to supply the necessary hardware? If so could I get a cost on the entire seat lowered and covered the same as the furbur seat ? I really like his seat cover with the grip like material.
Bye for now ,..keep it shinny side up.

Shoot me a direct email when you get a chance - [email protected]

Here's some quick answers though:
No real option when going to a longer/shorter swingarm. They are going to be thicker since no one else makes anything other then that HD version. The swingarms we are planning on making will be notched and braced. Other options like bottom mount caliper will be available. We don't plan on trying to make any adapters for the rear shock mounts so they will be relocated to match the swingarm (3" further back). They still work ok this way and will lower you bike at the same time.

I do make the seats and can even redo your corbin (see the most recent one we did on another post in the forum). I have various hardware parts for the stock seat as you may or may not need it. If your flip is still bolted to the front seat that's all you really need.

Sean

Hey Sean!!!

Need a test subject??? I'm all over that!!

Tell me when you are ready and I will start pooling funds

Frank

We are either going to start mocking up the tooling this week or after the drag races on the 15th. I can let you be the test mule if you want frank. I don't have a spare shaft on hand but can try to get one through my other source. If it doesn't work out you can always get the Furbur shaft.

Sean

Sean,

Put me on the list for a 3" stretched swingarm, notched as well. PM me a final price once you get tooled up. Would want it bare to get powder coated to match my pumpkin.

How much do you think the shaft will run Sean?

Can we rethink the shock mounts? I dunno how low I can go in the rear...these shock finally got it back up to where the side stand isn't a problem!

Can I ride down for the install? lol

Frank

I would be interested in a 3 in over with a stock dimension driveshaft.
I dont like the idea though of the shocks being angled since this will also make the rear suspension softer. Is it that much trouble to weld shock mount tabs so that the shocks are on the same angle as the OEM?
What about people that already have the 11.5 Progressive? Bottoming out?

I would be interested in a 3 in over with a stock dimension driveshaft.
I dont like the idea though of the shocks being angled since this will also make the rear suspension softer. Is it that much trouble to weld shock mount tabs so that the shocks are on the same angle as the OEM?
What about people that already have the 11.5 Progressive? Bottoming out?

If you move the shocks further back on the swingarm it will be stiffer, not softer.

If you move the shocks further back on the swingarm it will be stiffer, not softer.
Aye, I remember the old days of motocross rear suspension evolution. Moving stiffer shocks up the swing arm gain suspension travel. Then along came the monoshocks and rear suspension was never the same after that.

I have no idea if we can get a shaft with the smaller diameter but eventually I will check on that. It is extremely difficult to get the shock stud back into the stock location on the drive unit side. You have to try and make an offset bracket which will have a lot of flex in it. It's much simpler to have it moved back the 3" and stay in the pumpkin. We have made a 1.5" offset bracket in the past and can check on making that again.

Sean

I will be glad to try it with the shocks moved back. I am running longer shocks since I got these works...just let me know when you are ready

Frank

I seem to remember reading a post from some one that had PCW fab a 3"stretched arm...He inquired about the shock mount placement also moving back 3" ,..but was told it would be better left at stock angle.
After trying the finished product , he agreed that moving the shocks back would not have given the ride quality.

Back