i think im done for the season

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adambweird

Reaction score
Pretty sure im done for the season this year... had a lil accident at work yesterday. My left ring and middle fingers got scissored/ crushed between some metal... broke the very tips of my fingers, both fingernails popped up like a car hood, my ring finger bone tip was visible under the nail and miscellanious skin damage that went no deeper than a blister would. Not gonna be pullin a clutch for a while, lol. The good thing is, there was no tendon damage and i got about a 40 mile ride in on Tues, lol. Dosent hurt too bad today, but things got ROUGH around midnight last night when the numbing agent finally wore off.

Sounds painful!

You could probably just tape those two fingers together and work the clutch with pointer and pinky :biglaugh:

Sorry to hear about your accident. You'll be healed by spring and ready to ride.

Geeze, hope healing goes fast for ya!
I can see you taping (as was mentioned) your fingers together in a week or 2 to go for a ride!

I dont know about taping the fingers up... did i mention my fingernails are stitched to my fingers? lol

damn how do you manage to type so well? hope the flanges heal up nicely.

...and your phalanges, too!

Alternating heat and ice may give some relief. Don't put ice or an ice pack directly in contact w/skin, use a washcloth or towel.

Watching a nail slowly grow back after a pinch w/bike on a trailer, worst one I've ever gotten. I drill my own fingernail holes now, no trip to the ER for me.

damn how do you manage to type so well? hope the flanges heal up nicely.

I asked about that, they said not to with this particular injury... best thing to do is to keep my hand elevated above my heart. Gets annoying at times, but its been working well so far.

"both fingernails popped up like car hoods"

FUCKING OUCH!

Glad the damage isn't permanent. Hope the Wolverine healing juice kicks in overtime for you.

"both fingernails popped up like car hoods"

FUCKING OUCH!

Ouch is an understatement, lol. Just smacked the middle one on the shower curtain rod... not pleasent, lol.

Hasnt been too bad today on the whole... the throbbing has been tolerable... but now, every so often, those two fingers want to clench from time to time and its VERY unpleasent when they do, lol.

Hang in there. Hope you get a chance to Stabil your gas. Get some help with the center stand and put a battery maintainer on it. Then just get over the injury!

Latest posts

Back