Second set done and ready to go.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ABI04

Reaction score
Just finished up some custom paint on Warbeast's trade-in set. If anybody is interested see my for sale thread for more info and pictures. Turned out pretty nice.
IMG_3098.jpg

I think they look great as well. Not being an ass or anything but I think it's a bit rich for what it is..

What do you mean? Asking to much? I know many people who pay this much for just a paint job like this. This is the set(body pieces plus a paint job). And I'm always open to offers. No offense taken I'm always like to here what people have to say.

what an awsome idea. so is it a stipulation that if someone buys a set they send there old set in for core? how much $$$

what an awsome idea. so is it a stipulation that if someone buys a set they send there old set in for core? how much $$$

Someone could buy them without a core for $800obo shipped or if they have a good(doesn't need to be perfect) set I'd knock about $300 off.

In that case, 300 off!!! That's a hell of a deal. The paint looks great I wasnt saying that it was crap or anything. I didnt take into account you purchasing the body work and stuff. I think your throwing a fantastic deal our way at 500... Plus it look really cool with the CF showing as the flames. What kind of paint to you use?

In that case, 300 off!!! That's a hell of a deal. The paint looks great I wasnt saying that it was crap or anything. I didnt take into account you purchasing the body work and stuff. I think your throwing a fantastic deal our way at 500... Plus it look really cool with the CF showing as the flames. What kind of paint to you use?

PPG products, base coat/urethane clear. 7 coats of clear on these, 3 with blue metal flake and 4 to finish up.

NICE PAINT.

I've got my own equipment and materials, but I always seem to get some flaws in the paint here or there.....

NICE PAINT.

I've got my own equipment and materials, but I always seem to get some flaws in the paint here or there.....

Thanks. I built a small booth with fans and filter to help keep the junk out but even the most professional of painters get flaws. That's what color sanding and wheeling is for. I went to the S&S 50th Anniversary bike show. 50 high dollar customs and I found many flaws in the paint but I tend to look for that stuff. Made me realize that very few paint jobs are "perfect".

Thanks. I built a small booth with fans and filter to help keep the junk out but even the most professional of painters get flaws. That's what color sanding and wheeling is for. I went to the S&S 50th Anniversary bike show. 50 high dollar customs and I found many flaws in the paint but I tend to look for that stuff. Made me realize that very few paint jobs are "perfect".

I noticed flaws in a lot of the paint jobs on hot rods in a vintage hot rod car show recently. Made me feel better. Most of the flaws I saw were runs.

I just did the faux tank on my bike and the base coat always looks decent. Then I wet sand. But when I shoot the clear, I get a few strange concave crater looking areas.... can't figure that out...

I noticed flaws in a lot of the paint jobs on hot rods in a vintage hot rod car show recently. Made me feel better. Most of the flaws I saw were runs.

I just did the faux tank on my bike and the base coat always looks decent. Then I wet sand. But when I shoot the clear, I get a few strange concave crater looking areas.... can't figure that out...

Is the base coat you are spraying truely a "base" coat? If it is part of a base coat/clear coat systyem you really shouldn't wet sand it. If the base coat you are referring to could be the finished coat, like an acrylic urethane single stage paint, then it's fine to wet sand. How big are the concave craters? "Fisheyes" is that what your talking about? They are usually caused by moisture in the system. Got a good air filter? Drain your compressor tank often? Do you use a small line filter at the gun? Spraying when it's really humid out? Use a wax/grease remover your base coat before spraying the clear? All these steps help prevent strange things from happening. :thumbs up:

Looks alot better than when I gave them to ya. What happened to your original idea with the carbon fiber?

Looks alot better than when I gave them to ya. What happened to your original idea with the carbon fiber?

It's still there. See the pics in the for sale add. You can see the carbon fiber in the flames.

Ok, somebody must need a nice set of custom painted parts. Make me some offers. I need to get rid of these so I can start on my next set.

Latest posts

Back