How fast have you traveled on your V-Max (observed speed)?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How fast have you traveled on your V-Max (observed speed)?

• 155+ mph

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • 145-154 mph

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • 135-144 mph

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • 125-134 mph

Votes: 11 25.0%
  • 115-124 mph

• 105-114 mph

• 95-104 mph

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • 85-94 mph

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no faster than 84 mph

Votes: 2 4.5%

• Total voters
Yeah , I'm in the slowest catagory - I'm a puss - Pinellas county is the most densly populated county in FL & we have NO open roads - just ask Uncle Philthy - when I get some new tires I want to plan a trip up to Hernando & I want to see triple digits for the first time. :eusa_dance: Except for a drilled exhaust I'm pretty much stock - read BROKE - lol - It's all good - the 'Max is still the fastest thing I've ever owned & I'm pushing it more & more as time goes by. I'll get there someday...

125 to 134,,, ride the same way and speeds on all the bikes i owned,,,metrics and Harleys in the streets in traffic...had a vf1000r up to 155 years back...your riding style is the same on any bike you own...125 to 134 daily for a short pull and thats it....where the hell are you going to go after that

95-104 Stock '99 with Marving slip-ons. After some tuning I ran it up to check how it pulled, then backed right off. I really have nothing left to prove. :eusa_dance:

Back in the day, when I had my '85.............different story, 135-144 regularly. :punk:

BTW--Whose observed speed? Mine on the speedometer or the cops on the radar? :biglaugh:

dan

The fastest i've been on a max is 135ish... I saw a car pull out up the road and wanted to make sure that i could slow down. Now the zx14... that's another story. I can honestly say that it scared the shit out of me when it backed down from the limiter at 187. I just knew that I had fucked something up.

155+ and my Max ain't even close to stock:biglaugh: Don't have a precise number as my speedo was pointing straight down and was still accelerating.

Low 120's. Usually hit it on the same back road 1/2" mile from home. Have yet to get out on the highway with it. Way stock

135-144 on my '85. I think wind resistance was the killer at that speed. I don't know if it had much more in it. It has a full Kerker system, and stage 7 kit.

135-144 on my '85. I think wind resistance was the killer at that speed. I don't know if it had much more in it. It has a full Kerker system, and stage 7 kit.

+1 on the wind....150 plus or minus a couple mph....all stock

140 then backed off. Wind was lifting front end up and it started to become a ball slapper. Full walker system, His stage 1 jets. Fast enough for me. 130 -140 is my asshole :10_6_8: pucker limit.

135 mph....testing out my Morley Jet lit on the way home from the UFO Drag Day. Bike had more....I did not!

Dale #2592

i kicked it up to about 145 once or twice.after about 125 the wind resistance is killer!

Holeshot 4-1 exhaust, stg 7 jet kit...want it to be more stable in the front before making it a habbit,..gets up to speed fast enough tho..lol.:thumbs up:

140 a couple of times, but usually no more than 130, that's fast enough for me these days. It will probably be down to 120 in a couple more years!

I don't think the 0-60 times will ever get slower though!

My speedometer said I was at 145, my brother right next to me said he was going 145, so I think I was going 145. All stock, but I think I had a tail wind, so does wind aided speed count?:biglaugh: I don't trust my speedometer for some reason..:confused2:
I really should mount my gps, but I need to get a socket/ plug wired or some other power source.

My speedometer said I was at 145, my brother right next to me said he was going 145, so I think I was going 145. All stock, but I think I had a tail wind, so does wind aided speed count?:biglaugh: I don't trust my speedometer for some reason..:confused2:
I really should mount my gps, but I need to get a socket/ plug wired or some other power source.

Hell yes wind aided speed counts, IMHO. That's how fast you were going, right. Tail wind, going downhill, towed by a Burger King, it ALL counts!! :rofl_200:

Back