black bear! ouch!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shawn kloker

Reaction score
My buddy Rod from Pro Chassie Racing hit a black bear last night on one of his FJ 1200's.He did not go down but busted the bike up pretty good.He was doing 100mph or so on a back road and the bear was running straight down the road away from him.He pretty much hit it right in the ass after getting slowed down to 50 mph or so.He thought it was going to turn.I nearly hit one also in a strip mine flying on my KTM 250 SX.I missed a big one by 2 inches or so.
He said it was waist high so at least a 300 pounder.

I prefer using a Ruger super black hawk in .44 magnum. FJ's are hard to get a follow up shot with. :biglaugh:

Glad everything turned out well, it could have been ugly.

WOW! I've heard guys hitting deers but not a bear! I hope Rod is OK and his bike is fixable. What happened to the bear? It might make a nice rug...:hmmm:

My brother hitting a deer with his FZ1 and now Shawn's friend hitting a bear, good reminder for all to P l e a s e B e C a r e f u l l!
I have greatly curtailed night riding around here unless it is in the more populated areas.

Latest posts

Back