What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So yesterday the Max got a wash, Stabil in the tank, disconnected the fuel pump and ran it dry, then open the fuel bowls drain screws. Battery disconnected, rolled the bike over the base of the capsule cover then zipped it up.

That's it - stored again as I'm off on my travels once more. I sure am gonna miss it, and wish I could've ridden it more over the last month but was plagued by battery charging problems. At least now I have the parts to fix it (I hope), just bummed I didn't get round to do it yet..

Now that's when your happy you have a windshield on the bike. Had it happen to me a couple of times too. First time with no windshield on the bike :th_signs60:
During the Spring Icebreaker we ran into swarms of bugs that we hit at about 70 mph, needless to say it was a mess. The guys with windshields were happy with their protection, while I was just happy I didn't have my helmet visor open! Windshields definitely have greater purposes than just wind protection!

got caught in a morning shower riding home this morning from work:damn angry: so it will be a cleaning day for ol' max

finished spit shining my ride then ordered more chrome(bar end mirrors)and a sissybar luggage set:biglaugh:
was going to go ride but had to tow my S10 home after my daughter rearended a minivan:bang head:

Still chasing the white rabbit with this bike.
It seems that o matter what jet size or springs combination, I just can`t get this thing to run smooth through the full range from bottom to top.:ummm:
it either stutters in the low and mid range and surges in the high range or, it runs ok in the low & mid and then boggs out when I open it up.:confused2:
I feel sad to say that the bike runs like an old Harley where once we killed the v-rod, now a kid on a tricycle has a fair chance at me.:bang head::bang head::damn angry:.
<<Dave>>:punk:

finished spit shining my ride then ordered more chrome(bar end mirrors)and a sissybar luggage set:biglaugh:
was going to go ride but had to tow my S10 home after my daughter rearended a minivan:bang head:

Everybody's OK I hope.......:ummm:

I took my new s/s Mark's 4into1 to the chrome shop for polishing. They told me next Friday and 3 bills and I can pick it up. Pulled rear brakes and line. Cleaned caliper and replaced with new Galfer s/s line. New fluid, bleed, pedal adjust, rebleed and good to go.

FedEx dropped off my FatMax belly pan yesterday so I fit it to '99 and cut the relief for the oem crash bars on the left side.

Will do the right side this morning then get it in for paint.

The Exactrep pan got moved to the NOS bike!

Pics to follow!

Got my new Tourmaster deluxe tailbag and Nelson Rigg CL-50 tank bag. I'm ready for my trip up to Thunder next weekend! For now, bad sinus infection restricts me from riding so I just stare at her resting so quietly in the garage.......

I rode to work today.... does it get any better? :)
Quite true Shane, I too rode today and yesterday. Yesterday after work took a nice 120 mile cruise. Looking for more and different routes to explore that take 1-2 tanks to run for after work. It will be fun just finding the roads as it should take me all summer to get them just right.:punk:

Got my new Tourmaster deluxe tailbag and Nelson Rigg CL-50 tank bag. I'm ready for my trip up to Thunder next weekend! For now, bad sinus infection restricts me from riding so I just stare at her resting so quietly in the garage.......
Hope your feeling better soon.:biglaugh: those bags gonna be full -o- tee shirts:punk:? got off topic for a second, I RODE TODAY first time in a while,been way to busy trying to get some seats ready for thunder!

Last edited:
Hope your feeling better soon.:biglaugh: those bags gonna be full -o- tee shirts:punk:? got off topic for a second, I RODE TODAY first time in a while,been way to busy trying to get some seats ready for thunder!

True about the T-Shirts, I will have a bag of them to sell off at Thunder:

http://www.vmaxforum.net/vbclassified.php?do=ad&id=906

Hopefully the meds will alleviate this sinus infection so my head wont be all congested anymore....

Looking forward to checking out your NEW & IMPROVED VMAX Seat. Its really unique in its own way how the mechanics of the rear seat releases! Definitely one not to miss out on seeing there!

Fixn to pull Max out and take the wife for a short trip. At this very minute 27 years ago I was in a back room of a small church in Hugoton Ks talking to my 4 best friends waiting on the call to come out and make that life long comitment that at the time we all thought we had figured out but really had no idea. Wow 27 years ago. She's still some kind of Special:eusa_dance:

rode the max for about 4 hours today. a trip around the local lake.
and a couple of beverage stops. rode with 2 other vmax's.
And yes we just had to line them up on a old hiway. 2 stockers vs a stage 7.
That stage 7 never disapoints me.
on the way home noticed it was running a lil hot.(wonder why)
so just for peace of mind. I flushed the cooling system.And changed the antifreeze.
Might go for another ride, when it cools down outside.
forget MIGHT i'm going riding.

Rode a couple hundred miles with another Vmax (Bruce aka ALMTY) and four cruiser friends. It started out clear and sunny but then the clouds started moving in just before lunch. After lunch we did run into a few sprinkles and then near the end we rode through 10- 15 min of light rain. It was raining a lot harder and moving our way so we took the fast route home but it hasn't rained a drop since!
Going to try to get in another good ride in tomorrow.:punk:

Attachments

• IMG_0833.jpg
    IMG_0833.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0835.jpg
    IMG_0835.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0836.jpg
    IMG_0836.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 19
Last edited: