New bike in the stable

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

02Moneypit

Reaction score
:eusa_dance:Well boys im on a roadtrip in newfounland looking for the next bike to add to the stable.Its a 1986 750 fazer,been looking for one for a long time and they are very sought after bikes,found one on kijiji nfld and one other in edmonton.This bike looks mint and has 40,000 kl,wish me luck and if i get it i will post some pics tomorrow night.i hope it is good as the guy says it is,he says it is near mint but we have all seen and heard this before.Ive decided if this does not work out the next bike will be a benilli tnt 1130,i love that bike as well.Cheers men.

sheldon:biglaugh:

11250506_58dee63095.jpg

I've got one 1029cc engine left for the Fazer. Really wakes them up!

Sean

Good luck with the acquisition - I hope it all works out for you - so now that means you're bikes are sitting home all alone right now - I may have to go visit them to make sure they don't get lonely :confused2:

Mike

Good luck with the acquisition - I hope it all works out for you - so now that means you're bikes are sitting home all alone right now - I may have to go visit them to make sure they don't get lonely :confused2:

Mike
Wait for me Mike, there are 2 ya know! I'll be sending the envelope today at lunch Sheldon! I hope that Fazer is in top shape! Have a safe trip.

I used to have a Fazer, and I loved it, had to sell it to get the Max.

Mine was a 700cc, is there a 750?

Attachments

• Fazer.JPG
    Fazer.JPG
    87.3 KB · Views: 46
Wow forgot how good that bike looks......

Yamaha were doing some pretty amazing things in the 80's

The engines for the FZX700 (Fazer) and FZ700 were similar to the Maxim "X" bikes only with the head. The engine was still similar but the Maxim cylinder angle was less and used side draft carbs. The Fazer used downdraft and make a bit more power.

The 750's were actually available in the U.S. but maybe only a handfull made it in due to the fact it nearly doubled the price of the bike by the time you paid the tariff they had at that time (later declared illegal).

Europe and Japan (and everywhere esle) had the 750 versions and they made them many years after they quit making them for the U.S. (only 86 and 87).

We've been running a 1029cc Fazer for a number of years here and it is incredibly fun. Last combo we dyno'ed made 134 rwhp and out torqued the Vmax from idle all the way up. Now add the fact the bike is 200lbs lighter and you'll see why it's so fun.

I sold one of mine to a local guy that I was going to do the swap too and he likes it as the 700. The other one I sold to a friends fiance and they have fixed it up to look very nice. I keep telling him we need to 1000 convert it but I don't think he wants to get his butt whooped!

We can help you figure out a simple effective wheel swap (18" front/back) to get nice radials on it and better brakes. We have done another wheel swap (17" rear) but want to redo that swap this winter to clean it up and do it a little better.

We made the solo seat, tail, ect.... for the yellow bike. We converted the silver bike to Vmax front light/speedo style (it was also the red bike in the pics).

Sean

Attachments

• Shannon Silver Fazer.jpg
    Shannon Silver Fazer.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 42
  • Shannon.jpg
    Shannon.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 43
  • Fazer Solo Seat.jpg
    Fazer Solo Seat.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 41
The engines for the FZX700 (Fazer) and FZ700 were similar to the Maxim "X" bikes only with the head. The engine was still similar but the Maxim cylinder angle was less and used side draft carbs. The Fazer used downdraft and make a bit more power.

The 750's were actually available in the U.S. but maybe only a handfull made it in due to the fact it nearly doubled the price of the bike by the time you paid the tariff they had at that time (later declared illegal).

Europe and Japan (and everywhere esle) had the 750 versions and they made them many years after they quit making them for the U.S. (only 86 and 87).

We've been running a 1029cc Fazer for a number of years here and it is incredibly fun. Last combo we dyno'ed made 134 rwhp and out torqued the Vmax from idle all the way up. Now add the fact the bike is 200lbs lighter and you'll see why it's so fun.

I sold one of mine to a local guy that I was going to do the swap too and he likes it as the 700. The other one I sold to a friends fiance and they have fixed it up to look very nice. I keep telling him we need to 1000 convert it but I don't think he wants to get his butt whooped!

We can help you figure out a simple effective wheel swap (18" front/back) to get nice radials on it and better brakes. We have done another wheel swap (17" rear) but want to redo that swap this winter to clean it up and do it a little better.

We made the solo seat, tail, ect.... for the yellow bike. We converted the silver bike to Vmax front light/speedo style (it was also the red bike in the pics).

Sean

I see what you mean...the cylinder angle on the Fazer is way shallower than the Maxim "X".

Those things can make some power, I had no idea!!

Did you ever work up a Maxim "X"? I bet they could be made to talk too!!

There isn't a lot we could do on the "X". It may be possible to use a crank from a seca 900 maybe. I do have my seca turbo that I started getting out of mothballs this spring. Might be able to finally get it out by next spring.

Sean

Well boys,i have a new toy.The bike is in awesome shape for the year and the engine is very clean.i will be interested in some wheels for sure.i want to do a stretched swingarm with a 240 on the back,i guess i will need some sort of a jackshaft to offset the chain.I will try to get some pics before i come back to toronto,and then i will have to figure out a way to get it back to the workshop in wasaga beach to start the next project.Thanks for all the support and helping me spend my money,lol.

Sheldon

Well boys,i have a new toy.The bike is in awesome shape for the year and the engine is very clean.i will be interested in some wheels for sure.i want to do a stretched swingarm with a 240 on the back,i guess i will need some sort of a jackshaft to offset the chain.I will try to get some pics before i come back to toronto,and then i will have to figure out a way to get it back to the workshop in wasaga beach to start the next project.Thanks for all the support and helping me spend my money,lol.

Sheldon

PICS!!!!!:punk:

We can get a custom front sprocket made that has an offset to it. Hardest part with that will be the sprocket cover doesn't allow a lot of room to adjust it much. Of course with money anything can be done.

We stretched the yellow one 8" (not seen in that pic) and made part of the arm his air shifter air storage tank.

you'll love that little bike,

Sean

MONEYPIT TROIS!

Congrads Sheldon. Now if only you can swing the TNT as well....they're awesome!:eusa_dance::punk:

Have a safe trip home.

Dale #2592

Congrats on the new Fazer - Very happy to see that you finally found a good one.

Looking forward to seeing it when you finally get it back home.

Mike

Redbone hurry up, let's get the Moneypit02 & Moneypit part deux cleaned up, Sheldon just called, he's on his way back from the airport. Especially clean the rubber from underneath the rear fenders :rofl_200:

Mike

Latest posts

Back