Cycle One Off

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I HAVE PURCHASED A COUPLE OF THINGS FROM TOM , HE IS A GREAT GUY , BOTH TIMES IT TOOK LONGER THEN INITIALLY SAID , BUT HE'S A ONE MAN BAND & IT WAS ALL WORTH THE WAIT , THE QUALITY WAS TOP NOTCH ! .. I JUST THINK HE FEELS BAD TELLING PEOPLE HOW LONG IT MAY TAKE , BUT IF HE'S BUSY THATS GREAT FOR HIM & US BECAUSE WE WILL HAVE A NICE GUY TO DEAL WITH , WHO HAS TOP QUALITY PARTS FOR US TO " MOD " OUR V-MAX'S WITH FOR A LONG TIME TO COME , I PERSONALLY WOULD RATHER HAVE A ONE ON ONE RE-PORE WITH A GUY THEN CALL A CHAIN STORE SUPPLIER AND GET SOME INFERIOR PRODUCT ! ..." FASTER DOESN'T MEAN BETTER " ! .. :punk:

#1 sales person's rule... Under promise, and over deliver...

I guess the best thing is I am busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest. No time to return the loaner I borrowed for the Topeka trip let alone ride mine. But damn I really want the old girl off the motorcycle jack. Not to mention it's at my works garage so doesn't look great to clients.

Moving should be done this week and the GF will be wanting to ride. So I hope I hear something soon!

POS!!!! Just cause it doesn't have all that purdy stuff on it!!

No news so I will email today.

I just want to go for a ride!!

Looks like it will ship tomorrow!! Can't wait to get it all done!

Update with pics to follow

Hey Tom,

Sent you a couple emails... thought I would try here. Can I get a tracking #?

Thanks

Just updating the thread....

Wheel was supposed to have shipped on the 25th. Not 100% sure when it shipped, how it shipped or where it is. I emailed Tom a couple (three) times hoping for a tracking number. Still waiting for it(he did reply on Sat saying he would email me back info).

So we are a month waiting and I have no idea WTF is going on.

The poor guy that damaged my other wheel is at a loss. He tried to do the right thing and handle it asap. He knows he has done what he could do but he feels bad it's taken this long.

As for me... I'm just PISSED

So now all the COO fans can chime in and say how great Tom is.

I'm holding off on my full judgment until I have a wheel in hand.

Frank R

"screwed in NE"

Last edited:
I just got another email... it says he doesn't have the info with him and he will be back tomorrow.

Seems odd I get an email right after I post here, but thought I would try to make sure I am telling both sides of the story.

I'm not saying Tom is a bad guy... I just don't know what to believe anymore.

:bang head:

Was planning on staying away from this, but ya know I just couldn't. Lemme see here a package, sent on the 25th of June, via ?, from Rochester, NY to you in Nebraska, across two weekends and one a holiday weekend...... Might just take longer than you would think to get to you. Depending upon what time of day it was shipped, the 25th being a Friday, it may not have even moved until the following Monday. If it was UPS Ground you are probably in the "5-6 day" zone from Rochester which would put it in your hands this week for sure I would think, but again I don't know how it was shipped.

Kinda figured someone would mention this... first off the problem isn't that it's not here yet. The problem is I don't know that it's even shipped yet. The other problem is I was told a week. Not a month. I guess I don't spend enough money to get the good service.

And if you check UPS Nebraska should be 3 days... Tom actually told me usps so I have no idea on the shipping time. I just wanna know a range of when its supposed to be here. I have been very patient and want to ride. You would feel the same way.

The thing is after waiting this long it seems a tracking # would have been automatic. Would have ended the whole damn discussion.

Open forum...poke your nose in it all you want.

:punk: Hey, there are a lot of Vendors who do not take care of business. If I ran my business like they do, I'd be out of business. Shipping is not the problem in this case I'm sure of that. I waited 6 weeks for a set of Samco hoses after I paid for them. They finally showed up but the bag was torn open and they looked used. Seller tells me someone in his shop opened them by mistake WTF mine were Black, he was looking for a Purple set. He even charged me double the price for shipping. Good Luck, Spurs

:punk: Hey, there are a lot of Vendors who do not take care of business. If I ran my business like they do, I'd be out of business. Shipping is not the problem in this case I'm sure of that. I waited 6 weeks for a set of Samco hoses after I paid for them. They finally showed up but the bag was torn open and they looked used. Seller tells me someone in his shop opened them by mistake WTF mine were Black, he was looking for a Purple set. He even charged me double the price for shipping. Good Luck, Spurs

Thanks for the well wishes... I'm waiting for it to all pan out before I say anything about Tom or his business. It doesn't say in your post but was that COO? I want to make sure you aren't misread.

In any case thanks and good luck to you as well

Once again I am trying to make this very clear....Tom has been answering emails and has been nothing but nice. The part just isn't here and I am frustrated.

No need for anyone to jump in defending him cause I haven't said a damn thing about him personally yet. All I have done was state the facts as I see them. He is supposed to be looking into the shipping info for a tracking number and I have no choice but to wait for that or the wheel to show up.

He's not hiding, I don't think he is out to get me or rip me off. I do feel that things got out of hand on his end and that has come into play.

It's just hard to sit here and not say something....

I feel for you buddy. You're feeling very frustrated at how it is all playing out.

Guess what though... If I were to recount my experience for you it would (very coincidentally) sound almost, and I mean almost exactly like your story. I believe there is probably a template of excuses being used as I am sure our emails would compare very similarly.

The only difference is it took 4.5 months to get my wheel into my hands! Only then could I continue with my project. My damn bike was tied up on a stand waiting, waiting, waiting... You know?

The consolation for me was that Tom's work was top notch and the wheel was everything I was expecting. Although it should have been.

So I wish you the best of luck as I am sure it will eventually work out for you.

G Man

I KNOW your pain Frank. Sometimes I wonder if only the guys spending thousands of dollars get the amazing service. Most the UFO lovers are the guys that have Jon do all their work or have spent thousands and thousands with him.

Good luck,
Chris

Hey, I'm going to fess up with this one! I think it took LONGER to get your hoses then 6 weeks! I think it was more like 10!! For that I apologize. I think I did try to keep you in the loop with as much info as I had (which was minimal). If I double charged you on shipping you need to let me know and we can fix it. Many times parts are in peoples hands before they are even paid for and I even suspect that a few items never did get paid for.

Yours were new and not sure how the bag got opened but it happened. The customer that opened it is on here too and might see this thread and verify to you it was new!

I think you'll find me more then willing to work with you (and any customer). We ALL have problems getting stuff done sometimes and I have one engine we are working on right now that is going to be later getting done then I wanted. BUT, we got it right in the busy time for drag racers and the work was just more then we expected (at the machine shop).

hopefully the wait will be worth it in the end!

Sean

HAHA Way to go Sean!!! But we all know your rep around here...AWESOME

I have dealt with a few different vendors and I really don't think I am bad to deal with. But then again I could be an asshole. :Angel:

I have always tried to be quick and informative when I have sold things to people. Although I have given away more parts than I have sold. Boy has that come back to bite me in the ass!!

I just wonder if I am just jinxed or something??

Frank

"Dying to ride in NE"

Hello All,

It looks like it was my fault that Frank’s wheel isn't there yet. Problem fixed and it will be at the shop that bought the wheel on Thursday. Sorry guys I dropped the ball. I can only say I’ll try to do better. Also just a side note I bought a new cnc machine hopping it will free me up a little to do other things. I went to PA to do some training and programmed a few new parts.

Regards Tom
www.cycleoneoff.com

I guess so far I go pretty lucky with everything I bought even If i'm living in the Philippines.
Transactions with Tom or Sean only went smooth and were shipped in reasonable time.

I really love the crash guard Tom sent me, perfect fit :)

Latest posts

Back