What would you pay for a 1985...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KRBishop

Reaction score
What would you pay for a 1985 Vmax that has been owned by the same person for over 20 years. Not only that but the person is a motorcycle mechanic who owns his own shop. The bike is in pretty good shape no leaks or anything like that and has 29000 miles on it. Needs a good cleaning. Tires are decent he said brakes and everything or all good and he recently put in a water pump and a stator. Said he would give it a full carb clean up as well as it has not been run a lot over the past year or so. Been sitting in his shop. It does have the original transmission. He said the problems with 2nd gear on those Transmissions was not actually the transmission itself but people not shifting properly. Has aftermarket pipes but everything else is pretty much stock except for the upgraded front aluminum wheel from probably a 95. he says its TurnKey and ready to go.

What's the last 4 of the VIN? If it's a really early model maybe worth more to some. Other than that it's worth whatever you're willing to pay. Sometimes paying more now and not wasting more time hunting is worth it if the bike is everything you want. Several Vmax's for sale near me at the moment anywhere from $3000 all the way to $6800. Most have been listed for quite some time. Anything listed under $3000 seems to move. Leads me to believe that's around the going price.

Sorry. What would I pay? Since I already have a VMAX I wouldn't hesitate to pay $1500 cash right now. If a VMAX with that description landed across my computer screen before I bought my MAX I would've considered anywhere between $2000-$3000 depending on actual condition after a test ride and inspection and how far I would have to go to get it.

Latest posts

Back