140/75 r15

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cwkerr007

Supporting Member
Reaction score
maybe this tire won't bring as much contr as my last thread this is a mich com ll it is 2.36" shorter than the 150/90 and it is a radial so all you shorter leg people like myself will have a choice for rear tires this one will hopefully get your feet planted on the ground and get you a little more holeshot i haven't tride it yet i am running a 145/65 auto tire and if i had known of this tire i would have purch it instead i rec a lot of flack for the auto tire so i found this as an alt please note i have had no issues with the car tire but would not rec it since this one is avail so here is an alt to having to purchase the 2000+ wheels out there so if your budget does not allow for a 2000$ wheel and you have to tip toe at red lights here is you an alt i hopew this helps out some how and no offence to the wheel sellers out there cause we know your not making a living off selling vmax wheels your doin it cause you love it and if i could afford one i would be all over it but unless ed mcmahon comes by with a check i don't see it in my future any how i hope this helps out p.s. if you have a better alt please post it if you don't there's harley forums out there that welcome your opinion LOL

You're gonna have to shorten your kickstand.

I used the Bike Bandit search engine, click on each one to see the size tire.
https://www.bikebandit.com/tires-tubes/rear-street-motorcycle-tires/t113se7k

Some of the finds:
(Rear) Specifications and Options Michelin Commander II Motorcycle Tire

Brand Michelin Front / Rear: Rear
Tire Size 160/60-15
Bias / Radial: Radial
Rim Size 15
Tube / Tubeless: Tubeless
Compound - Load Index 67
Speed Rating H
$136

Avon AV72 Cobra Motorcycle Tire
Brand Avon Rear Tire Size 140/90-15;
Radial; Radial Rim Size 15 ;
Tube / Tubeless: Tubeless;
Load Index - Speed Rating - (no load index/speed rating listed)
$127.69

(Rear) Specifications and Options Michelin Pilot Power 3 Motorcycle Tire

Tire Size 160/60-15
Rim Size 15
Compound - Load Index 67 Speed Rating H
$136.41

(Rear) Specifications and Options Michelin Scorcher 11 Motorcycle Tire

Tire Size 140/75-15
Rim Size 15
Load Index 65 Speed Rating H
$171.76

(Rear) Specifications and Options Bridgestone Battlax BT012 OE Motorcycle Tire

Brand Bridgestone Front / Rear: Rear
Tire Size 160/60-15
Rim Size 15
$125.95

(Rear) Specifications and Options Pirelli Phantom Sportscomp Motorcycle Tire

Brand Pirelli Front / Rear: Rear
Tire Size 180/55-15
Rim Size 15
Compound Intermediate Load Index 73 Speed Rating W OE Replacement Ducati Classics
$207.95

There it is F.M. Finally, a radial for the stock rear wheel. The 160 should work well on the Vmax wheel. I'd be going that route pronto if I hadn't gotten radials already.

go to the mich motorcycle site and go to find tire by size and the commander II and the scorcher will pull up i'm sorry i can't seem to get my pc to pull up and load the links sorry and also like the man said you will have to modify kickstand i personally took it off and put it in a vise and put a torch on it slid a pipe over it and SLOWLY bent it and let it cool on its on NO WATER thi also makes it easier to get a hold of to extend it when you stop just my exp you may have a better method

I suspect most people will keep their speeds to the "H" rating of =/< 130 mph. If you want to explore above that a 17" or 18" wheel would allow you to have a "V" or "Z" rating, allowing you to safely have a tire rated to the top speed of a stock VMax.

Another extremely important issue is that you want to ensure your front tire is compatible with your rear tire. If you run a radial rear, you want a radial front of the same manufacturer, and with the same construction, so they are rated to work together. There are different methods of construction, such-as the belt angles of overlapping belts. Mixing types of construction or methods of construction like different belt angles front and rear can produce unsafe handling characteristics.

Another thing to pay-attention to is the width of the tire's wheel. Radials typically use a wider wheel than bias-ply tires. Using a too-narrow wheel for a radial tire will cause it to assume a more-rounded and 'pinched' profile compared to the wheel width for-which the radial tire was designed. This means less of a contact patch with the road, and possibly more flexing than the tire was designed to withstand. This could cause more heat in the tire carcass, leading to premature tire failure.

There it is F.M. Finally, a radial for the stock rear wheel. The 160 should work well on the Vmax wheel. I'd be going that route pronto if I hadn't gotten radials already.

Last edited:
I used the Bike Bandit search engine, click on each one to see the size tire.
https://www.bikebandit.com/tires-tubes/rear-street-motorcycle-tires/t113se7k

Some of the finds:
(Rear) Specifications and Options Michelin Commander II Motorcycle Tire

Tire Size 160/60-15
Rim Size 15
Compound - Load Index 67
Speed Rating H
$136

Avon AV72 Cobra Motorcycle Tire
Brand Avon Rear Tire Size 140/90-15;
Radial; Radial Rim Size 15 ;
Tube / Tubeless: Tubeless;
Load Index - Speed Rating - (no load index/speed rating listed)
$127.69

(Rear) Specifications and Options Michelin Pilot Power 3 Motorcycle Tire

Tire Size 160/60-15
Rim Size 15
Compound - Load Index 67 Speed Rating H
$136.41

(Rear) Specifications and Options Michelin Scorcher 11 Motorcycle Tire

Tire Size 140/75-15
Rim Size 15
Load Index 65 Speed Rating H
$171.76

(Rear) Specifications and Options Bridgestone Battlax BT012 OE Motorcycle Tire

Brand Bridgestone Front / Rear: Rear
Tire Size 160/60-15
Rim Size 15
$125.95

(Rear) Specifications and Options Pirelli Phantom Sportscomp Motorcycle Tire

Brand Pirelli Front / Rear: Rear
Tire Size 180/55-15
Rim Size 15
Compound Intermediate Load Index 73 Speed Rating W OE Replacement Ducati Classics
$207.95
avon load 76 speed h

Latest posts

Back