Swingarm Bracing

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bikedave99

Reaction score
I couldn't really find the appropriate section in tech so I will address this at Morley and anyone else running a swingarm brace. Do they help the wallowing in the long sweeping corners? I do a lot of two up riding with camping gear, but still love run fast in the corners. But, with all the extra weigh on the bike, if I hit a dip in long, fast corner I get a real nice flex. Is it coming mostly from the swingarm, or also from the frame. I imagine its all the above. My plan is to get a frame brace and swingarm brace from Sean when he starts making them. Hopefully, between the two, it will tame down the hinged midsection. I am holding off on solid mounts as I don't want the trial and error of finding which bolts will need loktite. Also, bracing will require the removal of the center stand correct?

May not be able to brace with a stock exhaust and some aftermarkets with cross over.

Everything flexes and each item braced helps.

Sean

Ah, I see. I'm thinking about a Mark's 4-2, will a braced swingarm clear that? Otherwise, do the Kerkers work with the braced swingarm?

Kerkers have their own issue with bracing but we have done one before. We have also braced one with the Marks though it's not the dropped down hoop that you are use to seeing. It is still very strong otherwise.

Sean

Ah, I see. I'm thinking about a Mark's 4-2, will a braced swingarm clear that? Otherwise, do the Kerkers work with the braced swingarm?

My notched & braced swing arm works with a Kerker 4 to 1 . :eusa_dance:

Attachments

• Swingarm, notched, braced & P.C. -1.jpg
    Swingarm, notched, braced & P.C. -1.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 214
  • Swingarm, notched, braced & P.C. - 3.jpg
    Swingarm, notched, braced & P.C. - 3.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 180
  • Swingarm, notched, braced & P.C. - 2.jpg
    Swingarm, notched, braced & P.C. - 2.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 172
  • DSC00965.jpg
    DSC00965.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 177
Hi guys, where do you find those rear radial wheels adapted ?
Bnew they are kinda expensive as I remember;

Many gyus convert wheels themselfs, like I do for example.

I remember there was the guy on ebay whos converting wheels like that but, also remember that wheels comes with w BIG offset.

Many gyus convert wheels themselfs, like I do for example.

I remember there was the guy on ebay whos converting wheels like that but, also remember that wheels comes with w BIG offset.

There was also another saying the wheel doesn't come right in the middle of the swing-arm too :rofl_200:

I have a Kosman 18" wheel that is great and has little offset.

Know this is an old post but...... I am looking to have my swingarm braced, notched, powdercoated gloss black AND also fit/clear my Kerker 4-1 race system.

Looking to run an 18" wheel and a 180-190 Shinko drag street tire.

Can I get a ballpark on pricing and what's involved? I am in full tilt homework mode now. Sean if you can do this, awesome.

Also would a 3" over arm assist in the pipe clearance? Looking to run an occasional drag- so mostly fast, solo street riding and sometime 2 up. Would like to keep the handling no slower than now with the forks dropped 1" and stock rear shocks(for now- but like the ride at oem height). I know increasing wheelbase increases stability- but cost is turn in, etc.

Any and all insight from anyone with this type of arm on their bike is appreciated.

- Chris

Know this is an old post but...... I am looking to have my swingarm braced, notched, powdercoated gloss black AND also fit/clear my Kerker 4-1 race system.

Can I get a ballpark on pricing and what's involved? I am in full tilt homework mode now. Sean if you can do this, awesome.

Also would a 3" over arm assist in the pipe clearance? Looking to run an occasional drag- so mostly fast, solo street riding and sometime 2 up. Would like to keep the handling no slower than now with the forks dropped 1" and stock rear shocks(for now- but like the ride at oem height). I know increasing wheelbase increases stability- but cost is turn in, etc.

Any and all insight from anyone with this type of arm on their bike is appreciated.

- Chris

Sean Morley ([email protected]) sells notched and braced swing arms. He can give you all of the pricing if you email him.

Will do Trauma- just reading everywhere that the bracing is an issue with these Kerker 4-1 systems.

And any users with stock length vs extended length feedback now that they've had them for a few years is welcome.

Sean hooked me up with the fork lowering springs I needed back in the Spring- and I am hoping to send him something bigger and better now over the winter. Great guy for sure and I've been doing my homework :)

- Chris
I have a 3" over braced arm from Sean (☆) and run Mark's 4 into 2 and there is plenty of clearance. Before the change I had dropped my forks 2" internally but adding radials made the steering a little too quick for my tastes. I'm now at 1" drop up front and stock 13" shocks at the back. It handles great with no wallow from the rear and the front end steer very well now that I'm used to the 18" radials. I added the longer swingarm and radials at the same time which added up to big changes for the good.
I spent 2 days on the tail of the dragon and Redbone handled great, it has more potential in her now that I can push her. I even have proof of how fast I was going on the dragon since I was pulled over for doing 55 (coming out of a corner just north of the North Carolina border) where 30 is the top speed allowed and most corners are 20 mph. Luckily I only received a warning!:punk:

Back