Stock Exhaust.... What's it Worth?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Conman

Reaction score
Right now I'm sitting on a like-new exhaust ( muffler... headers... everything) from an '06. What's the going price on these? If it's not much I'll install it, but if they're worth something I'll keep my current setup and sell it off.

As I understand it they're not in high demand since people are generally looking for performance. I've looked on ebay but the few on there are all pretty beat up.

I also realize it depends on the buyer, but really I'd just like a conservative estimate.

Sorry in advance if asking "what's it worth" is against forum etiquette. Some forums I've been on are cool with it and others will tear you a new one. Let me know if it's a no-no here.

Thanks,

Connor

Connor, it's all good. People, me included sorta find it offensive when one's first post is the sell something without even an introduction.
People here are some of the most well informed Vmax people you will come in contact with. They know their prices on everything and pretty trustworthy.
As far as your exhaust, you already know a stock exhaust ain't really a hot item even though at the dealership, they would actually rape you for a new one!
To me, condition is too subjective to safely buy a used stock exhaust at a price the seller may want. So it's hard to say you have $200 system or a $400 system. It would have to be absolutely pristine to pull $400. No scratches on the notion of the headers, no scratches on the outside edges of the mufflers, no rust anywhere.
Hope that helps and surely others will chime in. Shipping will also hurt your asking price as it can be substantial. You would help establish a good name for yourself here if you offered them to someone in need on this Forum and perhaps someone local to you. Good luck.

Connor, it's all good. People, me included sorta find it offensive when one's first post is the sell something without even an introduction.
People here are some of the most well informed Vmax people you will come in contact with. They know their prices on everything and pretty trustworthy.
As far as your exhaust, you already know a stock exhaust ain't really a hot item even though at the dealership, they would actually rape you for a new one!
To me, condition is too subjective to safely buy a used stock exhaust at a price the seller may want. So it's hard to say you have $200 system or a $400 system. It would have to be absolutely pristine to pull $400. No scratches on the notion of the headers, no scratches on the outside edges of the mufflers, no rust anywhere.
Hope that helps and surely others will chime in. Shipping will also hurt your asking price as it can be substantial. You would help establish a good name for yourself here if you offered them to someone in need on this Forum and perhaps someone local to you. Good luck.

Thanks for the great info, as usual. I was hoping that I could sell it for enough to pick up an OEM backrest and perhaps even the coveted OEM luggage rack. With this in mind I'll throw it up for sale/trade and see what happens.

A factory sissy bar complete with luggage rack will set one back about $400-450.
When you sell, take and post clear, up close pictures so people know what they are getting. That avoids any surprises and hurt feelings. Describe the condition accurately and fairly. Don't be tempted to make it out nicer than it is. Several guys here make a habit of "underselling" items and when you unpack and inspect it, a big smile grows on ones face. Hope that is you too.

A factory sissy bar complete with luggage rack will set one back about $400-450.

thats a price right from the stealer..... i know i checked, and they told me it was discontinued. i actually bought one for $150 local and i was suprised by the shape of it, a few scratches here an there, but overall nice. no tears in the backrest. and it came with the rack. and if i had the extra money i would have just bought his vmax he was selling.

thats a price right from the stealer..... i know i checked, and they told me it was discontinued. i actually bought one for $150 local and i was suprised by the shape of it, a few scratches here an there, but overall nice. no tears in the backrest. and it came with the rack. and if i had the extra money i would have just bought his vmax he was selling.

I'll give you $160 hahahaha. I've pestered almost everyone on the Rochester CL but nobody will part out a backrest no matter the price.

I'll give you $160 hahahaha. I've pestered almost everyone on the Rochester CL but nobody will part out a backrest no matter the price.

haha, i'd sell it for a $10 profit, but but my wife on the other hand may not be so happy, lol......... they are i think one of the hardest items to find and to buy for the vmax. i had my wife convinced on the cyce-istic one thats advertised on this forum. but i figured i'd check craigslist one more time, and got lucky. not to many parts listed on there around this area. i found a set of brand new still in the box engine guards for $80, but when i called the guy just sold them the day before, and said he wished he didn't sell them, and turned aroun and bought another set, lol. they were chrome, but for $80 i would have bought them, i'd rather have a black set.

Back