anybody done this fuel injected thing

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I may be mistaken but the issue is not hardware...but rather software. Since the system is not self-learning, you need to have a programed map that works. The Mega/Micro Squirts are not self-learning...at least I don't believe they are. Get the software figured out and the conversion make sense...IMHO

I may be mistaken but the issue is not hardware...but rather software. Since the system is not self-learning, you need to have a programed map that works. The Mega/Micro Squirts are not self-learning...at least I don't believe they are. Get the software figured out and the conversion make sense...IMHO

Andrew is correct. This was talked about once before and not much came of it.

http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=9584&highlight=fuel+injection&page=2

I do believe there is a different kit out there now with the self-learning part down. I saw it on here a few days ago I thought. But I slept a few times since then and my mind can erase itself every so often.

Good luck! I'd be interested in finding someone that has done this and liked it.

FI , similar to Turbos and Supercharging are expensive , few and successfully , far between . I have heard and seen more successful Supercharged VMaxes than the other two.

FI , similar to Turbos and Supercharging are expensive , few and successfully , far between . I have heard and seen more successful Supercharged VMaxes than the other two.

I can't turn down my interest on this type of project but for me personally, I have a feeling I would consider getting a Gen 2 Max before I would change my Gen 1 that much. This would significantly close the price gap between Gen 1 and 2 to make the Gen 2 more feasible. Just my $.02

I agree. I also wish the Gen II had come out before I modded both of my Gen I
bikes in order that they didn't scare me every time I rode.

Thanks Yamaha , for taking your sweet time with the Gen II . :bang head::damn angry::bang head::damn angry:

I can't turn down my interest on this type of project but for me personally, I have a feeling I would consider getting a Gen 2 Max before I would change my Gen 1 that much. This would significantly close the price gap between Gen 1 and 2 to make the Gen 2 more feasible. Just my $.02

I agree. I also wish the Gen II had come out before I modded both of my Gen I

bikes in order that they didn't scare me every time I rode.

Thanks Yamaha , for taking your sweet time with the Gen II . :bang head::damn angry::bang head::damn angry:

HAHAHAHA! I almost thought the same however since I'm a new max owner, a gen 1 is good for me to start with and since the wife likes to ride, I am more confident she would be comfortable on a gen 1 vs a gen 2.

A gen 2 is on my list for my "me" bike one day and my gen 1 will be the "our" bike

I think it's something that should be revisted from time to time...I'd be real curious what twistedmax's experiences were and more importantly what caused the project to end. I've done a lot of reading and others on the forum have also done considerable work in the area...all have the same objective...effective, affordible EFI for the Gen 1. Last I looked the Micro Squirt was not supporting the Vmax odd fire ignition...but the Mega Squirt did (the roadstercycle guy was using the Mega Squirt)...which, at the time, was unfortunate since the footprint was considerably smaller for the Micro version. If mdfb42 is correct and there is a self-learning program available then the project is very doable...I just haven't yet heard that the Holy Grail exists...

If I stumble across it again, I will be sure to post it here, subscribed so I don't lose this thread like I lost thenother

I think it was a wild bros f.i. setup you saw on a for sale max and someone commented that they had a self learning and regular program it yourself setups. Neither of which come cheap! Could supercharge your max for the cost of their f.i. setup, lol.

I think it was a wild bros f.i. setup you saw on a for sale max and someone commented that they had a self learning and regular program it yourself setups. Neither of which come cheap! Could supercharge your max for the cost of their f.i. setup, lol.

I bet your right. Some side talk on a vmax for sale on eBay thread. At work so can't look for it now but definitely rings a bell

I'm going to try a Haltech Elite system on my 1997 I just purchased over the winter being my race car is sponsored by them we feel it will be a neat project to work on. If Shawn gets the turbo kit done we will add that too.

Latest posts

Back