The Chimera...UNLEASHED!!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GREEN light BLITZ

Reaction score
So its been a while, the long story made short was my Vmax was looking shabby then took a long period in which is wouldnt start so i decided to tear it down and give her a little more spice.

So here she is, I renamed her with the rebuild "Chimera" because shes a bit of a hybrid at this point between muscle roots and sport inspiration...

Alot will change in time to come and shes nowhere near done but good enough for the time being that i can pick up on other projects and let this one idle a bit.

Some neat stuff i did was cutting out the Yamaha logo on the scoops(took hours) and back light them, solid motor mounts, Barnett clutch, clip on's, velocity stacks through the tank cover, cut my cans down 6in, made a "fairing" out of my stock front fender(not sure how I feel about it yet so i might replace it with somthing i can buy) race tech front spring/emulators, a Triumph LED tail light, integrated blinker/ handle grips,new scoop inserts,rebuilding/sealing my home made clutch cover, and some other good stuff.

Shes never done but good enough for a few weeks. So I guess you can say I can sleep better having beatin my Mod Monkey for a bit.

Feel free to gimme opinions, but be gentle I need gentle hints when things look like shit:rofl_200:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 291
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 269
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 259
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 287
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 241
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 242
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 258
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 225
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 235
Not sure how I like the silver bit on top but the color matched headlight cover/fairing looks pretty mean and ties it in nicely. From the front it has a 'terminator bike' look sort. The strip running down the seat is a nice touch. Did those leavers fit into the stock brake/clutch controls well?

btw I thought the yamaha cut out is something I wanted to do myself.

The levers fit fantastically. Mostly on account of they are the stock levers cut down to three finger levers and drilled out. I like the feel of them, and would glady do it again. Cutting out the Yamaha emblems was certianly not a project for the impatient. But I believe the result was worth the time. All it took was a drill bit and a skill saw with a bi-metal blade.

i .. " AWESOME " , I CANT PUT INTO WORDS THE RESPECT I HAVE FOR YOU , FOR ALL OF THE WORK THAT YOU HAVE DONE TO THIS BIKE ! .. I HAVE ALWAYS LOVED TRULY ONE-OFF CUSTOM WORK ! .. THE VELOCITY STACKS ARE KILLER ! ... THE OLD SCHOOL - OFF CENTER RACING STRIPE IS AWESOME ! .. THE FUCKING SCOOPS ARE SO " BAD-ASS " I CANT EVEN EXPLAIN IT ! .. GREAT WORK ! .. :punk:

I like the way your exhausts turn up; that is after a six inch cut?! I can't imagine how long it looked before.

Looks like your radiator is push/pull?

yeah radiator took a hit from the PO before I got it...cant really afford a swap and its not causing any heat issues so i just ignore it. Yes the cans were VERY long before! if you look in my album on my profile you can see them.They previously stuck up beyond the tail section like some sort of deisel exhaust.

looks nice ace, i'd be interested what it looks like under the faux tank!

Great job so far, Brother! It's easy to bolt on custom parts onto a bike, but it takes creativity and ingenuity to fab up your own mods. So hats off to some great looking one off custom mods.

Mike

Under the faux tank is pretty simple, I've got the Y off the top of the airbox. Then the stacks poke through the top and the tank lid seals to the top of the air box with some foam stripping I got for doing weather stripping on our jeep.

The frame braces are my own design, they integrate crash guards in on the front too. She fell over in the driveway and they saved it from any damage at all so I call em fairly effective considering I paid $10 for the parts to make em.

Thats cool. I like it! Is your mod monkey happy?

Got more big plans but it all time and money, ANOTHER paint job, supercharger, radials, sport bike tank bla bla bla. For now I'm just happy it's handling better! Feels like a canyon crawler and looks like a...mean thing?hahaha! Just know the gears are always turning upstairs so expect more fab to come!

2340956.jpg

What did you do with the parts that you took off?

Hey man, the bike looks insanely wicked. I really like the clip-on handlebars and was wondering what kind of riding position that puts you in? Comfortable? also, do you think that the clip-ons will fit with stock headlight assembly? Thanks ;)

I love the clip ons! They should fit with the stick headlight but if you're running an early model the air crossover has to go. I won't go back to regular bars that's for sure. To me the position is very comfortable, you're not laying on the tank but it's really easy to when you want to from there. At high speed it makes turning and changing lanes feel like your bikes on rails. I do alot of freeway flying so to me there's no other way.

Latest posts

Back