rfy ebay shocks

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

02isb

Reaction score
first post got me a 99 last month with 24k on it very clean but i love to ride all bikes down in the corners. front is in need of more help then the rear to me but i saw these piggyback rfy shocks on ebay for around 100$. did a search but found nothing.

anybody ever used these or are they worse then the stockers? one of those get what u payd for deals? :ummm:

thanks. like the vmax alot wanted one for years had many bikes from cruisers to sportbikes. even had a 85 venture roylal i would get down with:biglaugh:

consensus is they are junk and can't handle the weight of a vmax.

firgured as much at that price! thanks

guess i have to give traxxion dynamics a call

Progressive shocks are a very popular choice around here, and usually someone has a pair for sale..

For the front you can also get Progressive springs, but I'd recommend Intimators - these things are awesome and really help a lot.

My rear shocks were on the way out and I spotted some nice looking very cheap sets on the net, did a bit of research and found some good and some bad reviews for the RFY set I spotted
All the good reviews were when the shocks were put on cafe racers, light 400s etc so I had a worry about the weight of Max (as mentioned above)

Anyhow, I decided that €60 was worth the risk to test clearences on a shorter set and then I could consider going back to a stock set or go all out and spend some money on OHLIN/HAGON

And here they are... 320mm RFY Shocks

The plan was to strip them and replace the oil with a correct amount of heavier fluid - apparently, the main problem is that they can arrive under filled - and also drill and tap a bleed nipple on the top

But.. They're still on the bike after a week of riding. I had to point them forward because the brake bracket would knock off the reservoir (so I lost the helmet lock on the other side) the rear dropped by an inch and they need about 80% preload on the spring
%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

In spite of all my doubts I have no problem with them, they even stood up to a beating yesterday when I took a "scenic" road that had grass growing up the centre. So they're staying on for now, I'm happy with their performance/looks/price and ability to dismantle them if they ever need a repair

My rear shocks were on the way out and I spotted some nice looking very cheap sets on the net, did a bit of research and found some good and some bad reviews for the RFY set I spotted
All the good reviews were when the shocks were put on cafe racers, light 400s etc so I had a worry about the weight of Max (as mentioned above)

Anyhow, I decided that €60 was worth the risk to test clearences on a shorter set and then I could consider going back to a stock set or go all out and spend some money on OHLIN/HAGON

And here they are... 320mm RFY Shocks

The plan was to strip them and replace the oil with a correct amount of heavier fluid - apparently, the main problem is that they can arrive under filled - and also drill and tap a bleed nipple on the top

But.. They're still on the bike after a week of riding. I had to point them forward because the brake bracket would knock off the reservoir (so I lost the helmet lock on the other side) the rear dropped by an inch and they need about 80% preload on the spring
%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

In spite of all my doubts I have no problem with them, they even stood up to a beating yesterday when I took a "scenic" road that had grass growing up the centre. So they're staying on for now, I'm happy with their performance/looks/price and ability to dismantle them if they ever need a repair

Interesting, thanks for the info on them.

Latest posts

Back