Engraved this today! Vmax Triple hold down and Magnet Tray

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

customizedcreationz

Reaction score
I wanted to do this when I had a Vmax and I found this piece while I was cleaning up and getting ready to list all my left over Vmax Parts for sale.

Its polished, but needs a little touch up, and the engraving is DEEP. If you wanted to color fill it ( thats why I made it deep ).

The magnet tray I thought was a cool little way to hold your nuts and bolts while you works on the bike.

Todd

Red one my only fear with doing and already powder coated one would be the heat of the laser into the powder. I have done something deep into pc like that. I ll test a piece tonight.

$20 on the tray.

Todd

Cool, let me know what you find out on the p/c'd piece. If that piece was chromed/ black chromed would that finish hold up better? That was lasered? I thought for sure it was done on a mill! Nice work!
I'll take the tray, just need your PP address. Thanks!

Brian I tried it put on a pc part and inward able to burn through without a problem and not distort a small image. I didnt burn super deep like I did the other part but I think we would be ok.

If all I have to do is a simple engraving of numbers or font on that bar clamp $25 plus shipping. Larger parts or using a image or design would increase the price.

[email protected] is my PayPal. Just send it so there are no fees or include 3.5% to cover fees.

Todd

PS any contact needed send an email to [email protected]. NOT the Todd email. Thats only for I paypal.

I'll pull my clamp off tonight and get it in the mail. I'd like this engraved on it: 1992
Thanks! Do you want to just send it all to me at once to save postage? I can wait for the tray to be shipped with the engraved clamp. I will send the PP for the complete amount in one transaction. Just let me know what the shipping will be. Thanks again.

Burned all the way through would show the color of the handlebar underneath the clamp. So a chrome bar with black clamp (or vice versa) would look good too.

I want one done as well. I wish mine to say "Woona"

Guys just send it to the address on the website customizedcreationz.com along with the order form and exactly what you want on it. I can powder coat ones that aren't already done if need be or we can I polish it also. Just let me know if you need that done.

$20 powder coat the upper and lower in black or chrome silver
$30 to polish the top part only.

Todd

Burned all the way through would show the color of the handlebar underneath the clamp. So a chrome bar with black clamp (or vice versa) would look good too.

You would have to machine it for it to look perfect. Because as the laser goes deeper and deeper it starts to funnel shape. So go deep and you will have a angled wall. I ve gone almost .100 deep and you can see the angle.

Todd

Good work Todd, those look sweet !
I just might have to send you mine when I start my tear-down/rebuild.

Todd, am I understanding this that you can engrave it if it's already chrome? I'm definetly interested as soon as I find my electrical gremlin. And, how long would it take to do if I sent mine? I realize your a busy man and if you get overwhelmed with doing these I may have to wait till this season is over. If you'll still be doing them by then. Let me know, Thanks

Todd, am I understanding this that you can engrave it if it's already chrome? I'm definetly interested as soon as I find my electrical gremlin. And, how long would it take to do if I sent mine? I realize your a busy man and if you get overwhelmed with doing these I may have to wait till this season is over. If you'll still be doing them by then. Let me know, Thanks

Not chrome. I can mark chrome, but I can't engrave it because it would go right through the chrome. But it could be engraved and then chromed......

Marking is a surface mark, vs engraving with is a penetrating deep mark.

The bar clamp is engraving, the magnet tray is surface marking.

Todd

Latest posts

Back