Cool-Tech Jacket

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frank5079

Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of my co-workers asked about my size 38 leather jacket this morning and I told him that I had bought the jacket back in 1989. Since then I believe the company changed their name to Vent-Tech. I don't know if they are still around but the jacket still fits me great, although I had to have the original zipper changed to a heavier YKK zipper and I had a leather shop sew a velcroed leather strap around the waist.

I have a Joe Rocket mesh armored jacket which I believe to be their first such design, I guess it's about 15 years-old. Still going strong, no problems, not even faded because I keep it stored away from sunlight. Good equipment will last a long time. I also like Alpinestars for the quality of construction, the fit, and style, though style is not my primary concern buying a riding jacket.

Here's a shot of my favorite Alpinestars leather jacket, what was once about one of the three styles available in riding attire. Who recalls these?

• the fringed sueded cowhide jacket, think "Billy" in Easy Rider
  • the cop jacket, like Robert Blake in Electra Glide in Blue
  • the competition jacket which was just that, for many years, also made popular by Peter Fonda in Easy Rider

Sounds like you have a similar experience w/yours in terms of satisfaction & longevity, as I have had w/mine.
images
images

And, without googling, her, who is that next to Dennis & Peter?

Attachments

• iphone pictures 6-26-2014 684.jpg
    iphone pictures 6-26-2014 684.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 20
Kinda looks like Joan rivers. That operating table she loves so much seems to have gotten the better of her.

Every time I see a photo of Karen Black reminds me of that crazy VooDoo Dool in Trilogy of Terror Movie.. LOL

Bug shit crazy looking woman. Right up there with Susan Sarandon.

Well doing LSD in a New Orleans graveyard (in Easy Rider) may contribute to her "look." :confused2:

Her best movie role was probably "Five Easy Pieces," opposite her recent "Easy Rider" actor, Jack Nicholson. Of her role there, she said of her character, "Dig her, she's not dumb, she's just not into thinking." (from IMDB) I have met some people like that. :biglaugh:

Back