Beer!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adambweird

Reaction score
Ok folks, been wondering this for a little while... What kind of beer(s) do ya like? Its fun lil hobby of mine to try as many different brews as possible. Currently ive got close to 300 representd in my collection and my favorites tend to be IPAs and ANYTHING Stone Brewing Co produces. Down one of their Double Bastards or Ruination IPA and youll understand the obsession, lol.

Attachments

• IMG_20121112_015111.jpg
    IMG_20121112_015111.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_20130705_214655.jpg
    IMG_20130705_214655.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 34
Of the more commonly found brews, I find I enjoy Guinness Extra Stout.
But my two favorites are a couple local brews. 420 Stout and Post Office Porter from Mainely Brews. I think the only place you can get those two is at Mainely Brews on Main St. here in Waterville.

Nice! I'm not much into bottles or cellaring but love to homebrew. I'll some pictures of my kegerator setup.

Attachments

• 20140830_102131 (3096 x 1742).jpg
    20140830_102131 (3096 x 1742).jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 12
  • 20140830_102140 (3096 x 1742).jpg
    20140830_102140 (3096 x 1742).jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 14
Nice! I'm not much into bottles or cellaring but love to homebrew. I'll some pictures of my kegerator setup.

Very nice! Eventually i plan on making my own as well. One day i plan on using my bottles to build a bar in my basement.

speaking of stone brewing.. have you tried the 17th anniversary ipa? one of my all time favorites, too bad they don't make it anymore :damn angry:

speaking of stone brewing.. have you tried the 17th anniversary ipa? one of my all time favorites, too bad they don't make it anymore :damn angry:

Yes i did, loved it! Have the empty bottle on my shelf. Im a big fan of their Bitter Chocolate Oatmeal Stout myself but i cant find it around here anymore. Did you try their vertical epic series? I only had a few of em. They have the recipies for them on their web site for the home brewer.

Yes i did, loved it! Have the empty bottle on my shelf. Im a big fan of their Bitter Chocolate Oatmeal Stout myself but i cant find it around here anymore. Did you try their vertical epic series? I only had a few of em. They have the recipies for them on their web site for the home brewer.

only other one I had from stone was their regular ipa and its ok, nothing special.. I will keep an eye out for the chocolate oatmeal and vertical epic series.

Being I am in Guam, I hve the pleasure of getting to drink beer brewed in the Phillipines. One of the favorites around here is Red Horse beer named after the squadron I am assigned to. Its all rock gut...

David Justiss
USAF First Sergeant

At the ADV ride we had 2 flavors from a local brewery, Right Brain Brewwery, one was an IPA called Spinal Tapper and the second was a Amber Ale called Northern Hawk Owl. The Amber Ale was my favorite. I really like a few of the beers coming out of Bell's Brewery such as Oberon, Two Hearted Ale, and K-zoo Stout. I'll have to find some of their Best Brown Ale for the Fall Color ADV ride.

Modelo Especial or Negro,
Modelo Chelada
Bud Light
Shiner Bock
Dos XX

Tried hundreds of various microbrews while in Utah and general rule of thumb for me is....

"I don't want to use a knife and fork to consume my beer" so you can keep those heavy dark ones, some of the IPA's are damn good but most microbrews are instant headaches machines for me.

If I want anything heavier it's Makers Mark, Dickels, Southern Comfort, a good Cognac or when I'm feeling rich a good Armagnac (which are hard to find)

Bud light?!?! BLEAUGH!!! That's real beer filtered through a donkey! Oh, and did you know Anheiser Busch preserves their beer with formaldehyde?!

Bud light?!?! BLEAUGH!!! That's real beer filtered through a donkey! Oh, and did you know Anheiser Busch preserves their beer with formaldehyde?!

I knew this thread would generate some hipster type (hipster being one who is overly concerned with being assured that everything they do
is properly cool and "different" but adhering to strict conformaty among their other "also cool like them" peers or risk ostracization, commonly referred to as "I want to be different just like all my friends", as well as severely denigrating everything that they don't approve of as cool, you know kind of like a Harley rider) beer snob comments as soon as anyone admitted to drinking mass market beer. Thanks for not disappointing me!

One of my best buds works at the bud brewery here in Houston. The formaldehyde comment is bullshit.

... but the filtered through a donkey part isn't!!! LOL

Budweiser contains formaldehyde

We were so sure that this rumor was a myth, we added it to the list to research later. This might come as a shock to you. It shocked us when we found this on Notre Dame’s website . Canned beer does contain a small amount of the same junk that keeps your dead Kermit (frog) fresh for biology class. At least it used to.
Formaldehyde was used to kill bacteria that attacked the lubricant used in the manufacturing process of cans. The cans were rinsed, but a small amount always remained. People got used to this flavor in their canned beer. Other emulsions are used now, so there is no formaldehyde in current beers in America (there are reports that Chinese and Thai beers are using formaldehyde). Its legacy does remain – the newer emulsions created must have the formaldehyde flavor, otherwise it will change the flavor of the beer. People are so used to it, that they expect it.

Latest posts

Back