• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Yamaha Vmax for sale in Miami, FL

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yamaha

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Yes, I am fairly new, and have not gotten a chance to make a name for myself here, but I am a real person, with great intentions. Please do not frown on me for this.

I bought my Vmax a few months ago, and due to changes in life, I am forced on selling it.
There was a post a few months ago about this, but guess what? The bike still hadn't gotten sold.
I need my bike gone ASAP. Need a car to move around. I may not know everything about the bike,
But can answer some questions.

I am selling it for 3800. Price is negotiable, or possible trade for a car.
Title is clean. Appears to have never been dropped. Runs and drives. No major issues. Has a few upgrades.

Here is a link with all the details.
Please text me due to long work schedules. I am in Miami FL 33183.

http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/mcy/4685192587.html

Being local, and familiar w/the Miami market for VMaxes I can tell you that your chances of selling the bike for that price, w/those miles is not good. If you want to sell it, you are going to have to drop the price by $1000+. A friend of mine had a very clean bike, same year as yours, w/original 1992 color which yours doesn't have, at his shop for sale for 6 months and the price was $2500, w/22K miles. He finally wholesaled it offshore/export.

You have some good upgrades, but you should take those off and sell the bike w/o them. You can PM me if you're interested, I may be able to help.

I'm South Florida too. I have to concur with FireMedic. Look how many posts he has. He knows what he is talking about and he is very knowledgeable. I own 5 Vmax and feel with your mileage, you are high on price. Being on Craigslist is a good idea as you may find someone who does not know current market prices and you may get close to your price. I want to also commend you for your introduction. It is courteous and insightful. No one can fault you for your post. Good luck with your sale. Sorry to hear you need to sell.

the mods I have came with the bike, and do not have any spare parts for the bike.
What I can include is a battery tender, ( the connectors are already on the battery) a cover, and a kryptonite disc brake lock.
You are right about the color. It was originally Maroon/dark red. I don't know if the paint on it was applied professionally or not, but it is very good. Will send you a PM.
It does have a new AGM Battery, about 4 Months old (same time I got the bike)
New ignition switch, and LED H4 bulb W/O fan. Looks just like the halogen H4.

As for anyone else who reads this thread, I will take Fire-medic's & PATMAX's advice on the price drop.
If you have a reasonable offer, don't hesitate to contact me.

For those interested in the Vmax for locals or for OOS buyers, I do have a video of a walkaround. Showing everything on it. All the lights, gauges, and if you look closely, I show that the bike has not moved in days, let alone run. (Surface rust on rotor) and cold exhaust.

I do start it every few days to maintain it, but is not being ridden every day like it was.

Yet she starts up on first try. Just listen to the motor and you'll know this is the real deal.

Here is a Video of the bike's walkaround and cold start.
As I mentioned, look at the rotors and see that the bike has not moved in a while.

NEW PRICE $2700

Vmax for sale:

http://youtu.be/D8lvHCmE1zY

Last edited:
Back