Some Gauge Cluster Questoins

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should I ebay it

• Total voters
I have that exact same ebay one. Make sure you have a battery tender, because to keep the odometer from resetting, it has a 5V constant drain that needs a power source. Low amperage, but enough to kill my batter from not starting for a while (weeks). The wiring wasn't bad, either. I left the stock dash lights except for neutral, I think, but you could leave them all or delete them all if you want to. Run the tach wire off the gray tach feed with a spade connector so you still have the stock tach.

I am in the same boat..i bought a koso rx2n for my last bike but never installed ( it is brand new) and now want to put it on the vmax ...but i bought the 0-20000rpm..and would rather have the 0-10000rpm one...I found a seller who would sell me just the gauge for 200.00 Can..but first i have to sell mine for 200 Can..lol.....or do i selll the koso complete and just buy the the knock off??
What to do..???

Not that I plan on changing anything on my bike, but I assume the speedo is driven from a magnetic pickup mounted on the front wheel? Adjustable for tire size? Easy to do???

OK, maybe...

Well the battery tender isn't my idea of a good time... I live in an apartment where that might not work out so well for me. Especially with winter coming. Between that and losing my odo every time I get a dead battery...

How the speedo works I'm not sure. Does it just connect to the existing speedo wire?

Speedo is driven by a gear in the left side spacer. That's why there's a cable running up to the speedo housing.

Koso...doesn't have to worry about battery drain and the magnetic pick up for the speedo is easy to do , and good if you change to different rims and tires....17's. :)

Well the battery tender isn't my idea of a good time... I live in an apartment where that might not work out so well for me. Especially with winter coming. Between that and losing my odo every time I get a dead battery...

How the speedo works I'm not sure. Does it just connect to the existing speedo wire?

For that reason, no access to a charger, I voted don't do it. For myself? I don't want one unless it reads in F. It looks like only expensive one does this. For the price of the expensive ones there are plenty of other ways to spend the $$ on my bike.

Here's a cluster f***, and whoa son what a lota work!!!

But its what I want and its SWEEET!!!

The gas gauge is G.M. 10 to 90 ohm, empty to full, matched to a Kawi Ninga sending unit, just waiting for the snow for that install project.

Those L.E.Ds are Blue, Green and Amber for stock corresponding function,
they forgot to pack the red for oil press.

I have yet to see if L.E.D. will respond to the low fuel signal from the stock
sender.

Attachments

• IMAG0384.jpg
    IMAG0384.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 52
  • IMAG0386_BURST002.jpg
    IMAG0386_BURST002.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 43
Yeah It's sounding like more trouble then it's worth.

gentsvmax That looks slick I love the fuel gauge

I have both china look a like and the koso RX-1N, The round face 1 in 1 of your pics is kinda big to me to be on the vmax this me mind you. There's video's on youtube where can see them. The koso RX-1n are kinda high in price my wife found the 1 have on ebay for $225.00 and bought for a gift for me.

Koso RX-1n has a lot of built controls - like engine temp, oil temp, 2 rpms shift lights, fuel gauge 100 ohms / 510 ohms, Max speed setting hold, 1/4 mile times from take off, 2 trip miles setting, and few more built in I have not tried yet. "O" to the averaged low speed to.

I have dun few street drag races using the built in 1/4 miles time.

Way the pros and cons of both types

You can down load koso manuals from there site online.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2quM1Q2VTA

Attachments

• vmax new clock.jpg
    vmax new clock.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_20141003_090224.jpg
    IMG_20141003_090224.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_20141003_090118.jpg
    IMG_20141003_090118.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20141003_090122.jpg