Hiker Loses Bear Race With His Friends

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
" I don't have to out run the bear dummy , all I have to do is out run you "

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...-photos-of-300-pound-black-bear-stalking-him/

That's just a few miles from my house. Poor knucklehead had no clue.

Everyone says not to be afraid of Black Bears because they are non aggressive. I'm afraid of anything over 300 lbs with claws. The thing is around here is most bears don't fear humans because people feed them and take pictures of them.

In the woods and on the street , I'm carrying something that will protect me , and a back - up if something goes wrong.

Black bears are normally nuts & berries eaters but occasionally one will go rogue and develop a taste for human flesh....they're slow, stupid and easy to kill, much better than standing in a cold river trying to catch those lightning quick salmon!

Sure is an awful way to go tho....poor guy!

He probably watched too many Disney movies and got the wrong idea about wild animals.

We had a few stories from the 1920-30's of how bears would take small children but probably more stories to keep us kids alert to the dangers of them. We had bears come around our school several times so they would ring the bell and the janitor would stand at the edge of the woods and beat on a garbage bin to scare him off. The tourist would go up to the local dump and feed them marshmallows/ bread/ and other junk from which there were a few close calls but no mauling's that I recall.
They may have had a better chance climbing a tree because running just made them look like prey. That's a race where the slowest lose the most important race in their life!

Last edited:
Don't feed the bears. Karma

Attachments

• Governmental Irony , Don't Feed The Bears.jpg
    Governmental Irony , Don't Feed The Bears.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 30
  • Karma & the Bear.jpg
    Karma & the Bear.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 31
That was my thought to. I wouldn't be taking pictures, I'd be out of there.

There was a guy and his girlfriend, I think in Alaska, who lived in a tent among the bears. Figured they had a bunch of furry friends, had them all named and would visit them every summer.

Problem was....they were Grizzlies, not the relatively docile Black Bear.....you guessed it, the bears ate him, don't recall if the gf got away or not....his name was Treadwell.

Nope....she didn't make it either:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timothy_Treadwell

We had a few stories how bears would take small children when I was young back in the 1920-30's
Brian, I had NO IDEA you were that old! You don't look a day over 40!
What's your secret? Maybe just clean living in Yooperland??
Cheers!

he he Miles! I fixed it so no one would check to see how old I really am!! Actually it is the clean air, yep that's the secret all right!:biglaugh: And a day over 40? That's a compliment that I really haven't been able to pull off in quite a few years. :rofl_200:

There was a guy and his girlfriend, I think in Alaska, who lived in a tent among the bears. Figured they had a bunch of furry friends, had them all named and would visit them every summer.

Problem was....they were Grizzlies, not the relatively docile Black Bear.....you guessed it, the bears ate him, don't recall if the gf got away or not....his name was Treadwell.

Nope....she didn't make it either:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timothy_Treadwell

He got his wish of become one with the bears. At least until he pooped him out.

Back