Overall opinion after carb swap!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DigitalArts

Reaction score
So I traded the Vgas set up to Sean for his carbs w/ vboost and morley's kit/stage 7 needle and spring. His carb rack and intake manifold were in top notch condition where as my carbs could use a good overhaul/tuning.

I got his package in last night and quickly bolted things together just to check things out and MAN, the throttle response is unbelievable. I suppose because it doesn't have to build up sufficient vaccum. In addition to that, starting the bike with a choke was a big +.

I still have a few things to do with Dave and Jamie when our schedules meet up, but this was definitely a step in the right direction.

Things I liked more about the Vgas for kicks and giggles:

They sounded awesome, the click clacking
I don't know what it was, maybe just the low idle, but the bike had a much lower tone (maybe it was too rich or something, idk)
They provided room for an aftermarket gas tank where the stock air box is
You could get functional ram air with them

Overall I'm happy! :punk:

Sweet ! sounds like you made the right choice, Sean is great to deal with. I have a box of goodie's coming from Sean too. Can't wait, It'll be like Christmas !!!!!! LOL

I think you're better off in the long run. Stock carbs are designed well and for a lot of different riding situations. There is lots of info available and more people here can help you out with them,if need be.
Steve-o

Too bad we have to take stuff apart to get those valve cover gaskets done... At least we know it starts right up, though.

Too bad we have to take stuff apart to get those valve cover gaskets done... At least we know it starts right up, though.

Yea I can take the carbs/intake manifold/vboost servo off before you guys get there to save some time. Have you heard from Jamie? I think he sent you a message

And yea! I thought the bike felt fast before... crazy what well tuned and functioning carbs can do! I'm excited for it to actually be drivable xD

Probably need syncing too .. next week works for all as long as Dave doesn't catch the bug too .

Next weekend sounds good to me!

Yea it's a big list of things but we'll hit what we can from it.

Brake fluid
Valve cover gaskets
Valve shimming
Carb sync
Grips

Will probably be all we get to, but she should be ready for Thunder after that!

The valves will take the longest. Some of those other things can get knocked out at the same time. we'll work on it, though. Should be pretty good.

cool. I'm thinking about getting one of my bikes shipped up here in a couple weeks. Maybe we'll do another rehab day at my place since it would be still not running when it gets here...We'll see.

cool. I'm thinking about getting one of my bikes shipped up here in a couple weeks. Maybe we'll do another rehab day at my place since it would be still not running when it gets here...We'll see.

That would be awesome! The pizza will be on me that time haha :punk:

Back