First time out on the 1988

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

customizedcreationz

Reaction score
11072124_948510101849362_2687326847892389046_n.jpg

All stock down to the original spark plugs..... and then I smoked the clutches lol....

I am sure there is a 11.4x in it easily. If I strap the front maybe even an 11.30.

I bet if I take off those heavy stock mufflers, and get the bog and pop out of the carbs it would be another 11.00 bike.

Ahh... yes I said I wouldn't race it. But they are so easy to launch and run down the track.

They are fun to run I think because they aren't so violent. My 14 is just so powerful, but if I run it as much as I have vmax's , then it might be come easier too lol.

Just curious, I ran about the same last summer. Reaction time and 60 ft sucked for me. I couldn't keep that front end down. But I am a little heavy also about 240ish... I hear 180 lb rider will be quite a bit faster.... Also I know my bike hooks up well-enought I don't need to do burnouts.. my Venom sticks, then so do my boots to the sticky track...

Suited I am around 235-240 range.

My 60 fts usually range in the 1.7x range on a non strapped bike and I can run in the 1.62-1.65 range on a strapped bike.

Once I get clutches installed, I know I will drop that lousy 60 foot down and pick up a tenth of two possibly.

A 180 lb suited rider will easily run in the mid 11's if not 11.30's IF they can ride.

A stock Vmax.

Most Vmax guys think they can run 10.60's because they saw it in a magazine. When reality, most stock Vmax's will run in the 12's with a rider that has street skills. Someone that has been down the track a few times can make them go faster.

7.20's is damn fast for a race bike! Awesome job!

Here are slips.. Only one desent reaction time, but boy did that front wheel come up and kill me in the 60'.....My bikes engine is stock with about 60,000 miles, has barnett clutch, and UFO drag exhaust, stock jetting.. Waiting on my muscle Jet kit...can't wait....

Attachments

• drag.jpg
    drag.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 48
  • drag1.jpg
    drag1.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 40
  • drag2.jpg
    drag2.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 39
  • drag3.jpg
    drag3.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 41
  • drag4.jpg
    drag4.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 43
  • Mymax.jpg
    Mymax.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 33
If you can chop your 60 ft down, you will easily see 11.40's.

If you can get into the 1.70 range on your 60 ft, you will be doing good.

What rpm do you come out of the hole at ?

The exhaust swap took about 25-30 lbs off the bike if I recall correctly, thats HUGE!!! The barnett clutch spring setup? Or the new clutches?

Jet the carbs down and you would probably pick up another .10 and it would run smoother most likely.

The bike looks very clean and 60k miles thats awesome!

Todd

A stock Vmax.

Most Vmax guys think they can run 10.60's because they saw it in a magazine. When reality, most stock Vmax's will run in the 12's with a rider that has street skills. Someone that has been down the track a few times can make them go faster.

7.20's is damn fast for a race bike! Awesome job!
It wasn't mine - i test ride them for nhra pro stock.
The ones i own are street legal--sort of.

Here are slips.. Only one desent reaction time, but boy did that front wheel come up and kill me in the 60'.....My bikes engine is stock with about 60,000 miles, has barnett clutch, and UFO drag exhaust, stock jetting.. Waiting on my muscle Jet kit...can't wait....
Lower your front end and you won't wheelie as much.
Slide your fork tubes up.

Back