• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

1986 Yamaha FZX700 Fazer for sale $3300

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrispe

Reaction score
Less than 8,500 miles. Rare, classic, Yamaha Fazer, known as the ''Baby V-Max", only sold in 86 and 87 in the USA. Its value will go up as they become rarer. Excellent condition, all the way around. It sounds fantastic, and is a fast bike, with an 11k redline. Never crashed. I believe it is all original, except the chrome engine guards; an owner before me added them, and you can easily unbolt them. The only thing that doesn't work is the reserve gas switch, or maybe I just don't know how to work it; I fill it up every 100 miles, and I re-set the tripmeter to zero, and I have never had a problem. Everything else works perfectly. I have had it for 2 years now, and unfortunately I hardly get to ride because I travel 100% for a living so it sits in storage almost all year. Clear, clean, green title in my name. Includes original owner's manual, original key, 2nd key copy, Clymer repair manual, and .pdf of the original service manual. For a video of the bike, go to youtube and search "fazer for sale in detroit"

Attachments

• fazer foto- nj storage.jpg
    fazer foto- nj storage.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_6531 small.jpg
    IMG_6531 small.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_6530.jpg
    IMG_6530.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_6544.jpg
    IMG_6544.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_6546.jpg
    IMG_6546.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_6549.jpg
    IMG_6549.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_6561.jpg
    IMG_6561.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_6565.jpg
    IMG_6565.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_6550.jpg
    IMG_6550.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_6563.jpg
    IMG_6563.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 67
Welcome. I saw this bike on craigslist last week. I am interested in buying one soon but have to wait on some money to fall out of the sky. Very nice bike my friend

thnx, i plan to wait for at least $3k... it's no v-max, but still a nice, clean, fun bike w low miles

I did take one in on trade a couple of months ago. Not nearly as clean as this bike but not bad. Also a lot less cost. Shipping sucks either way. Also, we have another one that we started on for a customer then set it aside when he had other family problems arise. That one is a frame off 1000 build (though I could put a 750 in there).

It is hard to find them in this clean a condition so good luck on the sale.

I agree on how clean the bike is, I used to have one of these and they are fun! I am just unsure if the market will bare your asking price, I wish you the best of luck on your sale... they are rare for sure. I have several zl900 eliminators that I hVe been trying to get rid of and think it might of finally happened. Ended up taking a trade instead of cash...

Latest posts

Back