Prostate cancer

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frank5079

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
About one week before Memorial Day, this year, I had to undergo a biopsy on my prostate, because my PSA levels were doubled compared to last years' levels.

So, just before the Memorial Day weekend, I get a phone call from one of the VA urologists with the words, "Mr. Santa-Teresa, this is Dr._______ from the VA Med Center. I just wanted to inform you that results for your biopsy came back positive." Mind you, I had already set myself to expect the worse case scenario after the docs did the biopsy. So needless to say, I was still devastated.

Well I had endured a 6 hour prostatectomy this last Friday, and after a two day stay at the VA, was released Monday, the 10th. Aside from the pain in my abdomen when I cough, I am doing quite well. I am hoping to get rid of this catheter and urine bag tomorrow. As far as returning to normal I was actually able to use my riding mower and managed to mow 2/3s of my yard yesterday!! I still cannot lift anything over 5lbs, which includes my 16 month old granddaughter, but I am slowly getting back to normal.

Frank

Glad you made it through the surgery and hope you mend up quickly.

Hang in there Frank! My father in law had it too 15 years ago, and he is still cancer free now after the same surgery you had.

Glad you came thru ok frank. keeping a positive attitude is a big deal with this kind of stuff.

Frank, it sounds like you are on the mend; I hope so. You've certainly had your share of pain. Here's hoping that you'll beat cancer - I'm sending you my best wishes for a full recovery.:punk:

Bummer dude but modern medicine will do it's thing hopefully and get you up and running again in no time!

A bussiness acquaintance of mine had the same thing done about 5 years ago at 58 yrs old. He is in great shape now. I only recently found out, but it seems to me he is healthier and happier than before.

Thanks guys for the warm wishes!! My wife works at the VA hospital surgery office and was reassured by the docs there that they have the newest da Vinci surgical robot which was used for my surgery...definitely less invasive compared to getting cut open....

So sorry to hear this, I'm sure you will be okay in no time!

Google "alkaline diet" and get on one, it will help you a lot.

Also, thank you for your service! Hoooah

I have a friend that had this proceedure for a "trophy prostate". The indwelling cath was out within a week or so and all is well. I hope you have a speedy recovery.

Dang, Frank, sorry to hear about this. Just follow the Dr's advice, and hang in there. I have had very good experiences with the VA, open-heart surgery in 2007 to replace my aortic valve with bovine pericardium. When I asked how long before I could ride again, they looked at me like I was crazy, but then I was told I couldn't ride for 90 days, so on the 91st day I took a 4-hour jaunt. YMMV, but you should be riding again soon, probably sooner than I was. Good luck, and speedy recovery wishes to you.

Back