28 or 32 inch drag bars?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cuathetop

Reaction score
Im gonna put drag bar on bike this winter and was just wondering some opinions on size i was thinking of going with the 32 inchers anyone have and if so do you like?Would i be running into any issues? mods? I have a riser now so im sure that will help. I figured wider was better for me. Thanks in advance for any input.

I have 28" stainless on stock mounts. I like them but I'm only 5'8". I had to rotate the hoses coming out of my master cylinders slightly to get everything to fit nicely. If you have risers you should be fine.
Looks like this
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444110361.181177.jpg

Wider does give more room for the controls and various add ons but if in close quarters traffic they aren't as good. The wider bar can also let you move everything farther outboard to help clear the faux tank better.

I sell a drag bar which isn't as wide for only $20 (chrome or black) and the wider bar is a LOT more expensive (at least for the brand I have available).

Most customers go with the superbike bar we have. A little bit of rise with the same pullback as the dragbar.

Sean

I have the Flanders 31.5" wide bars which works well for me. With bar end mirrors the wider bars allow me to see behind me without obstructions. I don't live in the city so they work great for me.

What is your setup? stock oem controls stock oem forks and if you go wider are you running bar end mirrors

OK, I'll add a question here. I've installed stainless Galfer clutch and brake lines, besides rotating the banjo a bit on the master(s), hows the "binding" of the hoses and throttle cables? Any with 28" drag bars? I'd hate to find too much buckling etc and the need to shorten those.

OK, I'll add a question here. I've installed stainless Galfer clutch and brake lines, besides rotating the banjo a bit on the master(s), hows the "binding" of the hoses and throttle cables? Any with 28" drag bars? I'd hate to find too much buckling etc and the need to shorten those.

stock length will be fine with 28in bars. no issuses

I found the wider bar felt more stable. And i have more control
mine are now 31.5's

i am going with bar end mirrors eventually yes. Stock controls braided hoses only change from stock other than chrome res caps.

I have 28" stainless on stock mounts. I like them but I'm only 5'8". I had to rotate the hoses coming out of my master cylinders slightly to get everything to fit nicely. If you have risers you should be fine.
Looks like this
View attachment 50988

+1- on rotating the bars up a little- also with bar end mirrors I had to cut an inch off the throttle. These are the ones I used. You are probably best going with 32's.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Drag-...XS650-TX500-/161404067238?hash=item25946e9da6

Attachments

• vmax.jpg
    vmax.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 61
  • vma1.jpg
    vma1.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 57
I have 28" bars and bar end mirrors and I would not want the wider handle bars with the style of bar end mirrors I have just have to watch in tight spaces so I don't rub the mirrors also while you are at you might want to add some bar snake anti vibration.

If your unsure, buy the long ones. You can cut them down if you find them too wide for your liking.

Kinda hard to make the narrow ones wider

Back