Air Box Cover (fake tank) Red Flames

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeneG

Reaction score
New Vmax owner here.
First off, love this site. A wealth of info from all you enthusiasts.

Bought the FatMax hard bags for the bike and now need to break up all that black paint. I want to continue the flames on the fake tank onto the hard bags. The flames on the cover seem to be a decal. I can't locate this decal on Yamaha's site so was wondering if someone knows where I can get the decal.

Splitting the decal in half gives me the flames for both lids of the hard bags. Some clear coat and I think I'll have what I'm after.

Cheers!

We have made a decal but it's not the same material so the effect isn't the same so far. The OEM decal is not available for purchase by itself. I think the decal we made would look fine on a red part but on a black part the coloration turns much more dark (more like a purple).

We wanted to make smaller flame sets to add to the front and rear fenders to have a more completed flame job.

Thanks for the reply. I was hoping to avoid having someone design and paint the flames as that will be an added cost. Oh well. It's only money and the bike needs it.

Cheers!

We do have the design if you wanted to try and use it. I really think it would work well on a red based paint. It doesn't work as well on black based paint which you don't want anyway.

Look what I found in China!
flames.png

A little shading and filling by the right person, I'm not an artist, and I'll have what I want. Carrying the flame theme from the air box cover onto the hard saddlebags.

Thanks for the replies. Much appreciated.

Either of you two (GeneG and one2dmax) still around and have the design to share (one2dmax) or the company where you purchased those very similar decals (GeneG)?

Thanks,
Robert

Did my own.

Attachments

• D68D8FDF-92CC-468A-951D-D06D572C3738.jpeg
    D68D8FDF-92CC-468A-951D-D06D572C3738.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Did some flame's once.... Did it over and over again, because I wanted fire.... At the end, was easy as cake.....

Attachments

• 2011-07-03 Suzuki Savage 650 098 - bis.JPG
    2011-07-03 Suzuki Savage 650 098 - bis.JPG
    189.1 KB · Views: 1
Back