Rear master cylinder help

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TB99Max

Reaction score
I ordered a rear master cylinder rebuild kit and when I took my old one off I didn't pay close enough attention I guess! Can someone tell me which way the orings go on the inside of it? I know they go on each end of the metal piece inside of it but they are tapered and I don't remember which way the smaller diameter side of either oring goes!
Thanks

It looks to me in that diagram that the larger end of both the rubbers seals goes up. Can someone tell me if that's correct or is the diagram just showing the location of them and not the detail that I need.

One more thing...... The cup/seal on the top of the piston doesn't actually go on the very end of the piston correct? Doesn't it go about 1/8" or so lower on the piston and fit in the smaller diameter part? Also the same for the other seal at the bottom of the piston in between the piston and pushrod, it doesn't just get set on the very end of the list but put in the smaller diameter part correct? I hope all my psychobabble makes sense to someone!

Can anyone tell me if this is correct?? The seal/cup next to it is the old one.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 28
Back