• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Parting out '01 C.F.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vendetta

Reaction score
Well life has officially won, my beloved max will not be going back together. Tore it most of the way apart in '09 after a light wreck. Since then lay-offs, getting engaged, having a kid and moving across the country have pushed it further and further onto the back-burner. Tired move moving it around in boxes and looking at it in pieces. So since its already just parts, I might as well just part it out.

The bike: 2001 Vmax Carbon Fiber. Has approx. 8,000 miles, second gear is out and now the engine is locked up from sitting. The exhaust is damaged, front fender and side scoops cracked, headlight broken. Everything else is in good condition. Engine did not get damaged in the wreck due to case savers. Frame is straight, undamaged but could use paint, has clear Wyoming title. I have pictures of most everything but will post them or PM them on request. If you have any questions just ask. You can see pictures of the bike assembled in my album. Thanks.

c7fc94bca85b9ca4e104bf312ad8dd5b.jpg

Well life has officially won, my beloved max will not be going back together. Tore it most of the way apart in '09 after a light wreck. Since then lay-offs, getting engaged, having a kid and moving across the country have pushed it further and further onto the back-burner. Tired move moving it around in boxes and looking at it in pieces. So since its already just parts, I might as well just part it out.

The bike: 2001 Vmax Carbon Fiber. Has approx. 8,000 miles, second gear is out and now the engine is locked up from sitting. The exhaust is damaged, front fender and side scoops cracked, headlight broken. Everything else is in good condition. Engine did not get damaged in the wreck due to case savers. Frame is straight, undamaged but could use paint, has clear Wyoming title. I have pictures of most everything but will post them or PM them on request. If you have any questions just ask. You can see pictures of the bike assembled in my album. Thanks.

How did the case savers come out? I'm guessing scarred.

Selling is the smart move. It gives me money to do some home and shop improvements with now. Plus it removes a project from my list and frees up room to work on other projects. Also, putting this bike together how I would want it will cost more than just buying a stock one in good shape. The plan is to sell both my bikes, then in a few years buy another nice Vmax. We'll see what happens.

22bc8632f2f3f7e294733170cc225b01.jpg
5dc9f68bc708d08e5eec4935a127a229.jpg
66e5a075e8d3b1f3cc79e98ccb606a22.jpg
dd0139b18f2defa6d112022299ec12e2.jpg
e302b18d6117902aa719989384dfe4a2.jpg
573683ba40a7894e7ac52722798a5fcd.jpg
84a103ae062849940c21bb8295b24c2e.jpg
08ddba8dfdbd007cea786a73a2448d6e.jpg

Pics of a few items I received PMs about. Having trouble posting pics with my laptop, can post them from my phone using Tapatalk. Having figured out how to put them in a PM though.

Sorry about everything being dirty in the pics. I just didn't have time the day I took pictures to clean everything. If there is anything you would like pics of after cleaning I will be happy to make that happen.

SOLD items:

Engine
Driveshaft
Regulator
Faux tank

Items not for sale (recently decided to keep these items):

Frame braces
Superbrace
Seat
Rear Wheel

Thanks everyone

It was nice to meet you Vendetta!...............It was certainly worth the time for Jeff and myself to make the road trip north!..........:biglaugh:...........Tom.

Back