simple oil change question on my 2015 gen 2 vmax

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EAGLEPI

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Still having a self battle about selling vs keeping my Gen 2 Vmax. I thought I would change the oil and to be honest it is in winter storage and I didn't even look at it last summer to see if it was just like the gen 1's to do oil changes. It's been awhile since I owned my last Vmax 2010 and my tank ( brain ) is a bit empty so been looking for a how to do simple oil change but don't see anything.

when I get it out of storage and look it over I am sure I will see how to do the change but now not sure if anything changed on the Gen 2's in that area.

Thanks for any replies.

Do you see the photos on that link you gave me? I see the main pic but all the others have a missing image marker?

If anyone else tries the link can you tell me if all the images are showing up?
Thanks
Ron

Images are not showing up. The OP has deleted the pictures.

Hello Ron, long time to talk. Still got it eh?

I've not owned a Gen1, but an oil change on a gen 2 is so obvious once you're down there I don't really think you'll have any questions. I used K&N for a filter and Valvoline 20-50 motorcycle oil, but Rotella T-6 is another good choice. it took more oil than I expected, so make sure you have at least 5 qts on hand.

I will caution you on this: I did find it a PITA finding an oil pan low enough to get under the thing. Much lower to the ground than I'd anticipated.

Hello Ron, long time to talk. Still got it eh?

I will caution you on this: I did find it a PITA finding an oil pan low enough to get under the thing. Much lower to the ground than I'd anticipated.

Go to the grocery store and by a cheap disposable aluminum baking pan. After pouring the oil out, wipe them out with a paper towel and put them away for future use.

Latest posts

Back