• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Complete set of engine parts

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Classic_iron

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have a complete (but mostly disassembled) VMax engine. All of it is for sale. I bought it for a dune buggy build, but I ended up going with a different engine.

It's not exactly pristine condition, but most of the parts could still be useful. Somewhere in its life it got some serious exposure to rain, so there is a lot of rust on various pieces. The pistons are seized in the bores. All the covers and things are still good, and the heads look pretty good but will need a good disassembly and cleanup. Carburetor may be salvageable.

I made a video of everything so you can see it for yourselves.
https://youtu.be/rkXi5BbHyIU

I need space (and money) to work on the other engine that I'm getting so I'm willing to sell things cheap. If anything catches your eye then make me an offer. If you are interested in buying most or all of it then I can give you an excellent deal.

I will ship all small parts in flat rate boxes.

Most of it's pretty rough. Not sure what you're wanting to get from it but I would not expect much? The starter is the less desirable early 2 brush version. It looks like the early pickup (so 85-89) and flywheel. If it spun a bearing then the engine and case are junk. Did you mark which heads had which set of cam caps? They are machined to match.

The carbs are incomplete. Do you have the rest of the brackets? It may be what you have with the greatest value (other then possibly the crankshaft if it's not got a spun bearing).

It's no showpiece but there are plenty of usable parts on this thing. The guy I bought it from said it was an '85.

All the cam caps are organized into separate bags which are marked according to which head they came from. I have the rest of the carb brackets, just forgot to show them in the video.

Latest posts

Back