Memorial Day Weekend

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kronx

Reaction score
Thanks to all those on the boards who have served and/or who have family who have served and are serving their respective countries. I offer my sincere gratitude for those that have made the ultimate sacrifice for liberty.

This weekend I will be spending the majority of it reflecting on the sacrifice those have made for my country - the United States of America. I will reflect on my great grandfathers, my grandfathers, my uncles and cousins who fought in WWI, WW2, Korea, Vietnam, Iraq and Afghanistan. I will be reflecting on my brief six years(some of the best years of my life) in the USAF. I will reflect on my sons future in the USAF. I suspect they will be some of the best years of his life as well.

As founding father John Dickinson penned in his pre-revolutionary son "The Liberty Song: "Then join hand in hand, brave Americans all! By uniting we stand, by dividing we fall!"

So many have given their lives to give us our freedoms. Freedom of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. And it is heartbreaking for me to see so much happiness displayed daily in half of America hating the other half. As I reflect on the great sacrifices made, I will also reflect on my hope that one day our nation will be true to its name -- United.

But until then I sincerely wish for as little hate as possible this weekend as we give thanks to those who have given their lives for liberty and the families of those heroes that carry on day to day without their loved ones.

Sincerely and Peacefully,
Tony
USAF Veteran 90-96
1854th Command, Control, and Intelligence Support Squadron

Thank you for your service Tony, all active duty and veterans that have served our great country![emoji631]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back