Harley to bid on Ducati?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
I'd like to see H-D bid & win Ducati, & then leave them alone to do their own thing. H-D needs the diversification. They need the new riders & the 800 cc Ducati entry bikes are selling well. All H-D needs to do is to make a winning bid. This could be their ticket to thrive until we all are in autonomous vehicles we rent instead of buy...

I guess it would be a good path for some Indian or Chinese firm, too.

If they win, I hope they don't jettison Ducati at the first sign of trouble like they did with Buell.

I sold parts for a bunch of brands. HD have the best system. Ironically Honda had the worst.
I miss my Ducatis but I cant have a stable right now. I also miss my Buell Cyclone for that matter. It was the newest bike I ever had and caused the most issues but it had attitude and I liked it.

If they buy it I hope they dont do the plethora of tacky crap that HD sells for Ducati.
The world doesnt need 40 foot containers full of Xmas baubles, skull belts, bad t shirts etc....

I sold parts for a bunch of brands. HD have the best system. Ironically Honda had the worst.
I miss my Ducatis but I cant have a stable right now. I also miss my Buell Cyclone for that matter. It was the newest bike I ever had and caused the most issues but it had attitude and I liked it.

If they buy it I hope they dont do the plethora of tacky crap that HD sells for Ducati.
The world doesnt need 40 foot containers full of Xmas baubles, skull belts, bad t shirts etc....

When HD sprials into bankruptcy what might happen to Ducatti. I just hope that HD doesnt drag Ducatti into the quicksand with it or Americanize it. Maybe if this happens Ducatti will still be allowed to design, manufacture and market their own name instead of getting it all together under the HD tent.

Maybe now you can buy that authentic Ducatti tea cozy from China you always wanted (under HDs business model):clapping:

When HD sprials into bankruptcy what might happen to Ducatti. I just hope that HD doesnt drag Ducatti into the quicksand with it or Americanize it. Maybe if this happens Ducatti will still be allowed to design, manufacture and market their own name instead of getting it all together under the HD tent.

Maybe now you can buy that authentic Ducatti tea cozy from China you always wanted (under HDs business model):clapping:

I dont know....I like the thought of going to a dealership and paying 200 for a bridgestone that says ducati on the side of it.:biglaugh:

When HD sprials into bankruptcy what might happen to Ducatti...

Maybe now you can buy that authentic Ducatti tea cozy from China you always wanted (under HDs business model):clapping. :

Like this..(and lots of things) in that event it will be sold to a chinese or indian company.
:/

No im not just being clever or politically incorrect.

Im actually surprised that HD hasnt been sold off to foreign interests..
T $

Latest posts

Back