Does this tolerance look ok?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eugene Brad

Reaction score
Just noticed how close my tire is to drive shaft yesterday. Does this look alright? Tire is a 170/80? I'm not savvy if that is stock or not, exactly what that means. I know it is much closer on the 05 than the ol 85. As far as I can tell it isnt rubbing, but it couldn't get any closer.
473d10d75c83339f3885c64b68e1015d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

Stock size is 150--
As long as you are not taking rubber off you are ok-:clapping:
Look up the washer swap-
Lots of guys run 170 on a stock rim with no problems.

I agree with both of you. You couldn't get any closer. If it don't rub, Run it....

My 170 was close to the swing arm. Never did have any rubbing issues.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

It's fine for bias ply.

Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bias-ply tires were the de facto standard for many years. Bias-ply tires lay down their body cords (typically made of a fabric like nylon, rayon, or polyester) from bead to bead, running across the tire in alternating layers.

Radial tires, which came onto the scene in the 1980s, are made differently. Their body cords run across the tire radially — directly from bead to bead. Typically, those body cords are made of steel. Atop those first thin layers, alternating layers of body cords are stacked in the tread portion of the tire only, so the sidewalls aren't as thick as they are on a bias-ply tire.

https://www.revzilla.com/common-tread/why-things-are-bias-ply-and-radial-tires

Bias ply tires are considered stock for a gen 1 Vmax (unless your running a different rear rim)

Attachments

• 20140710TireDrawing.jpg
    20140710TireDrawing.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 15
Bias-ply tires were the de facto standard for many years. Bias-ply tires lay down their body cords (typically made of a fabric like nylon, rayon, or polyester) from bead to bead, running across the tire in alternating layers.

Radial tires, which came onto the scene in the 1980s, are made differently. Their body cords run across the tire radially — directly from bead to bead. Typically, those body cords are made of steel. Atop those first thin layers, alternating layers of body cords are stacked in the tread portion of the tire only, so the sidewalls aren't as thick as they are on a bias-ply tire.

https://www.revzilla.com/common-tread/why-things-are-bias-ply-and-radial-tires

Bias ply tires are considered stock for a gen 1 Vmax (unless your running a different rear rim)
Great link. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

Back