Indian Scout Bobber. Lookin' Pretty Good

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kronx

Reaction score
I tried a Scout and it was too small of a bike for me, but I sure do like the look of them. And I think these new ones look pretty spiffy too.

Attachments

• image-4.jpg
    image-4.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 54
  • image-6.jpg
    image-6.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 50
  • image-10.jpg
    image-10.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 48

https://www.bikernet.com/pages/A_Custom_Indian_Scout_By_Klock_Werks.aspx

Some interesting ideas come from the Midwest, this custom Indian Scout fro Brian Klock of So. Dakota is a blend of old-style and modern running gear.

My buddy & I met Brian Klock at Daytona Bike Week this year. This bike and others were on display. He was a gracious guy, we had an interesting talk about bike stuff.

Brian Klock at Daytona 2017 w/my H-D buddy & me.

Attachments

• 20170317_190312.jpg
    20170317_190312.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 21
It looks good!
My wife has a '15 Scout and loves it!
She wants to make hers louder now.

Looks cool, review say the ergos are tough for more than bar crawling. Cant have everything eh.

I don't get the trend with customs using forward controls and low bars. My back hurts looking at them, a stock Max is bad enough when you are 6 ft 3.
Same as rigids - the look is fantastic but on my roads would Id pop a kidney if I got one.

Looks cool, review say the ergos are tough for more than bar crawling. Cant have everything eh.

I don't get the trend with customs using forward controls and low bars. My back hurts looking at them, a stock Max is bad enough when you are 6 ft 3.
Same as rigids - the look is fantastic but on my roads would Id pop a kidney if I got one.

A lot of customs I see fall into that same category for me - love the look, but my back hurts just looking at it. I'm reminded of the Billy Crystal character Fernando's line "It's better to look good than to feel good."

The wife and my son just went to Laconia. She put 400 miles on it up there.
Hr+, 75mi at a time to look at scenic views on the way to MT Washington.
1st street bike for her.

The standard Scout took me from Austin to Daytona over 2 days (~650 miles one day, about 550 the next), on the stock seat, and I was quite comfortable. I added the factory pullback handlebar and the driver backrest (bike came with a grand of free accessories for buying it over the winter).

I absolutely love mine. The engine's personality reminds me of the Vmax, it's torquey everywhere, but definitely has a savage rush of power once it winds up in the RPM. Run a Bassani 2-1 exhaust, S&S intake, and have it flashed with a Powervision, which definitely wakes the top end up. Really shows how good a v-twin can be, when it's not Harley making them. I'm a smaller guy, so I love that I can flat-foot the bike very easily at stops, and the handling is sublime. Comfortable on the slab, but can also chuck the peg onto the ground at 100, pin it, and it tracks like it's on a rail- after ditching the crap OE tires. Only complaint is the somewhat limited ground clearance, but it's still a very willing partner for twisty roads. Only start grinding when I start driving like a hooligan.

When I was at a local AMCA motorcycle show, there was an Indian display, and they had a discount for first responders. It was pretty-sizeable.

The standard Scout took me from Austin to Daytona over 2 days (~650 miles one day, about 550 the next), on the stock seat, and I was quite comfortable. I added the factory pullback handlebar and the driver backrest (bike came with a grand of free accessories for buying it over the winter).

I absolutely love mine. The engine's personality reminds me of the Vmax, it's torquey everywhere, but definitely has a savage rush of power once it winds up in the RPM. Run a Bassani 2-1 exhaust, S&S intake, and have it flashed with a Powervision, which definitely wakes the top end up. Really shows how good a v-twin can be, when it's not Harley making them. I'm a smaller guy, so I love that I can flat-foot the bike very easily at stops, and the handling is sublime. Comfortable on the slab, but can also chuck the peg onto the ground at 100, pin it, and it tracks like it's on a rail- after ditching the crap OE tires. Only complaint is the somewhat limited ground clearance, but it's still a very willing partner for twisty roads. Only start grinding when I start driving like a hooligan.

Do you have any pictures of you bike with the exhaust or possibly a sound clip?

Thanks

open

It's fairly loud. I use earplugs anyway on longer trips, more than a couple hours without and I find it gets a little grating. If the stock exhaust is a "1", the Stage One slip ons would be like a "3", the Bassani would be like a "7". Stuff like the Trask or V&H Grenades are "10"- obnoxiously loud, and they don't really make good power either.

The "Long" bassani isn't appreciably quieter than the short, since the internal core is a larger diameter as included(I think it's a 2.5", instead of the 2" in the short). However, the long version does have an optional quiet baffle, which is a longer version of the 2" baffle from the short. That's more like a "5" from what I've heard, I haven't heard one in person. The short version does not have any alternative baffles, unless you want to get into customizing something.

There's a bunch of slip-on options as well, including a Supertrapp that uses the tunable discs if you don't want to commit to a volume level.

Without the baffle it would be ungodly loud and I'm sure it wouldn't run well. The youtube videos of it are with the baffle. It's installed from the factory.

Latest posts

Back