Cfb game thread

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redbone

Reaction score
I thought I would start a post for any and all college football fans. If it proves to be a active maybe we could get it to sticky status!
So, let's hear from all those college football fans of the:
FBS Conference Div 1-A
ACC, Big 12, BIG 10, Conference USA, Independents, Mid-American, Mountain West, Pac-12, SEC, and Sun Belt.

FCS Conference Div 1-AA
Big Sky, Big South, CAA, Ivy, MEAC, Missouri Valley, Northeast, Ohio Valley, Patriot League, Pioneer, Southern, Southland and SWAC.

I'll start it out, 2017 is the 3rd year of Michigan's coach Harbaugh which finally has a majority of his recruited players playing. Although they graduated 10 starters from the a great defense last year, this years defensive unit is has been ranked #1 for most of the season and there are only a couple upper classmen with the rest being freshmen or sophomores!
While our offense has been a lesson in frustration, they have been able to put up enough points to beat a ranked team in Florida. Trying to put any consistent passing or running combinations together they have struggled to put teams away. Their offense has quite a few first and second year players like the defense but have not been nearly as successful. QB's that like to throw interceptions and O-line that struggles to protect the QB or consistently move the defense have made running sporadic, although Higdon did put up 200 yards this last Saturday against Indiana.
With a tough game next week in Ped... err, Penn State it looks like we'll be lucky to get to 9 wins this season, were going to play a lot better the second half of this season!

The University of Miami Hurricanes had two heart-stopper wins the last two weeks, and have moved into the top ten in the college rankings.

They beat FSU at FSU, which caused much-dismay among the prematurely-celebrating Tallahassee fans.

Their next victim was GA Tech, when an end-of game 4th-down attempt resulted in a touchdown for the Hurricanes, to give them the win, and they also kicked the extra point for good measure. The last play of the game, GA Tech tried a multi-lateral attempt which was unsuccessful, unlike the amazing play last year when The U's Corn Elder, now an NFL player, got his hands on the ball multiple times during the laterals on one down, that they used to beat Duke last year.
http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=14022706

Coaches Poll

RKTeamRecPtsTrend1
333.png
Alabama(63)7-01575—2
213.png
Penn State6-01483 13
61.png
Georgia7-01450 24
2628.png
TCU6-01345 35
275.png
Wisconsin6-01338 16
194.png
Ohio State6-11243 27
2390.png
Miami5-01144 38
228.png
Clemson6-11106 69
201.png
Oklahoma5-11079 310
30.png
USC6-1930 3

Half way through the season and it looks like the BIG 10 is still in there even though Michigan has fallen from it's earlier ranking of #8. Michigan is not going anywhere with the offense that cannot put the ball in the end zone!:bang head:

Early line on the Michigan vs. Penn State matchup was -12 but has dropped to -10.
Penn State fans already talking smack on Michigan's Scout forum, it should be a tough game for Michigan going in happy valley for a night game, their fans will be amped I'm sure! Hopefully the Wolverines can throw some cold water on their enthusiasm early!

GEORGIA BULLDOGS all the way :punk: :boxing00:

(crap, I hope I haven't just jinxed them :tantrum: )

I have been to a "between the hedges" game back in '87 or '88 and we had a great time tailgating and the game atmosphere was pretty cool. I can't remember who they played but they have a nice little stadium there in Athens. ;)

GEORGIA BULLDOGS all the way :punk: :boxing00:

(crap, I hope I haven't just jinxed them :tantrum: )
They don't play Alabama either unless both make the sec championship, which seems pretty likely. What happens then for either team if they become a one loss team with that loss being to an undefeated, top 4, bama or Ga. It seems likely in that scenario the sec gets two teams in the play-off. Maybe? Lot of football left so we shall see. Big ten is solid too. Big game for Penn st today for sure.
My ducks look like they are flying with a broken wing with the third string quarterback. Maybe we steal one from UCLA today? Good day of football anyway.

Go ducks!

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

What a weird game, Michigan was down 7 within the frist 3 min of the game and down 14 before they started coming back. Our frosh kicker Nordin, who dropped Penn State during last part of recruiting and committed to Michigan, got a bit rattled missing his first ever PAT while in the PS student section end of the field. He has been stellar so far this year for us and will be setting records for the rest of his career on Saturdays and Sundays I'm betting.
This turned out to be a fairly good game but really got away from Michigan late and in the end lost 13-42.
Penn State has a tough schedule coming up with OSU and MSU which should go Penn States way.

So the ducks are a totally different team with our starting QB. Would have really loved seeing him play the full season, certainly could have been a contender in the Pac 12. Big win over Arizona gets us bowl eligible. Now it's time to put a beat down on the Beavers in the civil war. Go ducks!

Michigan had a good start against O$U in "The Game" but in the end the bucknuts won, their 6th straight victory!:bang head: Wisconsin Vs. O$U should decide who gets in the CFB Playoffs next weekend.
The CFB Playoff ranking are going to be shaken up after multiple lower ranked teams took it to their higher ranked opponents this weekend. Alabama, Miami, and Notre Dames opened up the playoff picture for a couple new teams and poor 'ol red faced Kelly's team will be out of the top ten more than likely. ESPN is even reporting that O$U may replace Abalama in the playoffs if they take care of business against the undefeated Badgers in the B1G Championship next weekend. I would much rather see Wisconsin beat the bucknuts and get into the playoffs though and see Nick Saban lose in the playoffs to Wisky should they get to play each other.
The Michigan Wolverines had lost a lot to graduation (11 players drafted, 3rd most in NFL Draft history) so we were young this year but our offensive line and QB play really let us down. A redshirt freshman named Brandon Peters showed he is better that the two seniors that were one and two to start out this year, but we could not protect him due to poor play of our o-line. We should do well in our bowl game and there is hope for a better season next year.

Michigan had a good start against O$U in "The Game" but in the end the bucknuts won, their 6th straight victory!:bang head: Wisconsin Vs. O$U should decide who gets in the CFB Playoffs next weekend.
The CFB Playoff ranking are going to be shaken up after multiple lower ranked teams took it to their higher ranked opponents this weekend. Alabama, Miami, and Notre Dames opened up the playoff picture for a couple new teams and poor 'ol red faced Kelly's team will be out of the top ten more than likely. ESPN is even reporting that O$U may replace Abalama in the playoffs if they take care of business against the undefeated Badgers in the B1G Championship next weekend. I would much rather see Wisconsin beat the bucknuts and get into the playoffs though and see Nick Saban lose in the playoffs to Wisky should they get to play each other.
The Michigan Wolverines had lost a lot to graduation (11 players drafted, 3rd most in NFL Draft history) so we were young this year but our offensive line and QB play really let us down. A redshirt freshman named Brandon Peters showed he is better that the two seniors that were one and two to start out this year, but we could not protect him due to poor play of our o-line. We should do well in our bowl game and there is hope for a better season next year.
I know I was pulling for Michigan. Like you said they started out good thought they gave themselves a good chance to win.
It will be interesting what happens in the top 4. I can't help but think auburn gets snubbed even if they win the sec championship, one thing is for sure, at this point any teams finishing 5-7 will be getting hosed.
I think I have the college football play-off solution. 6 teams, now that the big 12 has a championship game there is an outrite winner from all power five, those winners are in, and you have one at large team. My thought is if you can't win your confrence why should you be in the hunt for the national title? 1 and 2 get a bye, 3 plays 6, 4plays 5 to see who plays the 1 and 2 teams. That way the regular season focus goes back to conference play. And until Notre Dame joins a conference they can only get the at large,lol.
My ducks couldn't be stopped yesterday, Justin Herbert is going to be a big name, nationally, next year.
Go ducks!

It's been a great bowl season for the Big 10 teams, 7 - 0 for the bowls thus far with only Michigan yet to play. The Wolverines line at Noon on New Years day against South Carolina in the Outback bowl.

It's been a great bowl season for the Big 10 teams, 7 - 0 for the bowls thus far with only Michigan yet to play. The Wolverines line at Noon on New Years day against South Carolina in the Outback bowl.

Michigan played like crap the second half, you would think that leading at halftime in a bowl game that they would kick it up a notch in the second half but they didn't. They spoiled the Big Ten's 7-0 run but clearly the Big Ten played the best despite the Wolverines lackluster performance. If you cannot tell I am somewhat disappointed with their showing but the kids just didn't couldn't keep their focus on what they needed to do.
I'll add onto the GO DAWGS for the championship game win.

Meh, Michigan only 18th ranked recruiting class but got some help(down the road) for needed positions. Georgia has done well with their recruiting, and it's good to see that Alabama fell to 6th place, first time out the top 3 in 10 years.

Go Ducks! Should be an easy beatdown against Portland state. I'm predicting 57-21. I love football season

I love CFB as well, and watching the Steelers. That being said Michigan had some issues getting their game on track against ND. They are mopping up the field with in-state team Western Michigan. Michigan has the toughest schedule in CFB this season so they have a lot of work to do to get back into the national spotlight
GO BLUE!

Another cupcake weekend for Michigan, this time it's SMU. The Mustangs haven't done much since they received the death penalty for NCAA in the late 80's. The Wolverines need this game to get their offensive line into better shape for the upcoming Big Ten season.

Ducks got a big game against Stanford. We are gunna have to bring it to be in this game, we are very capable though. I'll, subjectively and hopefully predict ducks 34 Stanford 26.
Go Ducks

Latest posts

Back