what comes-with that?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
Looking at a bike for sale, and going to see it, and finding crashed parts, where the sales pic didn't show such damage, well, I would wonder what else about the bike's condition is being misrepresented? I would expect that an honest seller would say, "the bike has right-side damage, it's cosmetic, the bike rides fine, but the lower price I'm asking reflects the present condition of the bike. Money talks," or something similar.

I once was gifted an XS-650 Yamaha twin, it was rough, and needed parts. I went to a local parts business, he had an inventory. I asked for a tank to fit my bike, he said, "yeah I got one." He disappeared into the back and came out after a few minutes with a tank. He set it on the counter, but didn't let-go of it.

I went to pick it up, and he snatched it off the counter. I took a step to one side, to see the tank from another angle, and he moved so I couldn't. Having just run-out of patience, I asked to see the tank. He told me, "do you want it or not?"

This idiot had a reputation of being difficult to deal-with. Now I was finding out, first-hand.

"No," I said, I do not want to buy it without being able to examine it!" He refused to relinquish his possession of the tank.

Finally, I told him to 'turn the tank around, so I can see the other-side.' Still back from the counter, still holding onto the tank, he turned it so I could finally see the other side.

It was caved-in, I wouldn't be interested if it was free! It looked like someone used it as a toboggan on a cobblestone-paved hill road. No arguing with an idiot like that! I just left.

Within a year, he was out of the location, I don't know where he went. :damn angry::confused2::hammer bash:

Wow, that's a great story. I went to a dealer in Nashville once to get a mirror. As I waited for my time to get to the parts counter I walked around the showroom. The mirrors on the 250's, 450's and the 750's and (what I needed) the CB900 all had the same numbers on them. The 900 mirror price was outrageous (don't remember what it was like 1983) I asked about the 250 mirror and it was 1/4 the price. The response was 'triple chrome plating' I said it was the same part number, no response. I got the one for the 250 and never went back in the place. Out of business now.

Good riddance to bad rubbish! I hate dishonest dealers.

Elimax

Latest posts

Back