For Those That Struggle with Depression

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kronx

Reaction score
If any of you deal with depression and don't like anti-depressants and don't take them I'd like to recommend a natural supplement that's been working for me.

If you like geeking/nerding out, I highly recommend watching this interview on Joe Rogan's show with mycologist Paul Stamets. It's two hours long, but I found it incredibly fascinating it really sort of blew my mind in regards to the power of mycelium network and how they are key architects to life on earth.

But in this discussion he talks about all sorts of areas of the power of mushrooms and fungi and in particular for medicinal purposes. He even talks about how it's looking like he's come up with a cure for all of the bees that have been dying off. It's really fascinating stuff. Now I'll warn ya, it's a pretty geeky interview. But I found it really fucking fascinating.

But there is a mushroom called Lion's Mane that has been proven to promote nuerogenesis -- which promotes growth of new nuerons and pathways in the brain. Scientific studies are showing great results with it in many areas such as depression, anxiety, dementia, and alzheimers.

I've been taking Lions Mane since January this year and it's made a world of difference for me. We all have our ups and downs, but for me when I had my down days, I had VERY bad down days. Like gun in the mouth days. I know some of you are disappointed I didn't pull the trigger. But regardless, I've not had any down days since I've been on these supplements. I had tried anti-depresssants years ago, but they make shit 10x worse for me and really fucking wreck me in all sorts ways(dizzy spells and loss of balance, etc). I haven't experience any negative side effects with these supplements. I've been sleeping better too. And I've been taking their immune boosters as well and there's been that nasty flu going around that's hit most of my office at one time or another. But I've not even had so much as a runny nose during these freezing temp months.

The brand I use his associate with Paul Stamets called Host Defense.

I realize there's a possibility of a placebo effect here, but I think this stuff legitimately making a difference. It's sort of been a life changer for me, and I thought I'd share here in hopes it can help others that may need it. If something changes I'll certainly update here, but I'm really loving the results so far.

If nothing else, if you have a woman you care about in your life, please look up the benefits of Turkey Tail supplements and how they actively fight breast cancer cells. This is also discussed in the video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPqWstVnRjQ

Thanks for sharing this info, buddy.
Yeah, I've been there. Diagnosed with PTSD in Feb, 2017, depression, family unraveling, cheating wife (married almost 30 years and had 6 kids together). Yes, 2017 was the hardest time I've EVER been through and ALL of it was from others' bad decisions. And I was ALONE. Dangerous position. Last January I got some help and meds, which I weaned completely off now. Now I'm divorced, 14 days before our 30th anniversary, and met a woman in the same situation. We're helping each other immensely, and my emotional state is VERY, VERY good now.

I found I was able to "spill my guts" here on this board a few months ago. Guys here are a good support group. A couple guys are local and were / are very willing to help.
It was difficult for me as I'm what you would call a "religious" person. I felt that maybe my faith wasn't strong enough. But people go through REAL HURT - and sometimes because of someone else's bad choice. Then you are thrown on a horrible road to travel. I've been a Christian long enough to know that God is very attentive to His child that is hurting and crying in the dark alone. He took my hand and helped me through it.

I probably don't need to try your recommendation, but I HIGHLY recommend anyone try this if they are depressed and in despair. Along with professional help.

WE may disagree on who our President is but I know I surely don't want to hear about guns in the mouth . I hope this lions mane works for you hell I might give it a try also . Where's the best place to find this?

WE may disagree on who our President is but I know I surely don't want to hear about guns in the mouth . I hope this lions mane works for you hell I might give it a try also . Where's the best place to find this?

I got it off Amazon. 60 day supply(2 capsules a day) for about $50

https://www.amazon.com/Host-Defense...&sr=8-3&keywords=host+defense+lions+mane&th=1

I know this all sort of sounds like some hippy shit, and we all have to be skeptical in todays "magic pill" infomercial world. I get it. I really do. The positive effects Lions Mane has on depression/anxiety are based on legit clinical tests. But even if you don't have any problems with depression or anxiety it's also showing significant effects at fighting off dementia and alzheimers. It's proven to promote neurogenesis which is always a good thing.

I feel you can see pretty quickly in that video that Paul Stamets is very serious and very scientific about his studies. This is his life's work. And his life's work directly saved his mother's life. He tells the story at 9mins of this Ted Talk he did. It's pretty incredible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXHDoROh2hA

Yeah, I've been there. Diagnosed with PTSD in Feb, 2017, depression, family unraveling, cheating wife (married almost 30 years and had 6 kids together). Yes, 2017 was the hardest time I've EVER been through and ALL of it was from others' bad decisions. And I was ALONE. Dangerous position. Last January I got some help and meds, which I weaned completely off now. Now I'm divorced, 14 days before our 30th anniversary, and met a woman in the same situation. We're helping each other immensely, and my emotional state is VERY, VERY good now.

I found I was able to "spill my guts" here on this board a few months ago. Guys here are a good support group. A couple guys are local and were / are very willing to help.
It was difficult for me as I'm what you would call a "religious" person. I felt that maybe my faith wasn't strong enough. But people go through REAL HURT - and sometimes because of someone else's bad choice. Then you are thrown on a horrible road to travel. I've been a Christian long enough to know that God is very attentive to His child that is hurting and crying in the dark alone. He took my hand and helped me through it.

I probably don't need to try your recommendation, but I HIGHLY recommend anyone try this if they are depressed and in despair. Along with professional help.

That's really good to hear things are turning around for you! I've been wondering how you were doing, but I didn't want to pry. Yea 2017 was pretty rough for me as well. Loss of a family member who was very dear to me. And 3 friends I served with died last year as well.

These have not only helped with my depression, they've just been a big help in minimizing my mood swings. I've always had a bit of a temper and it's been very helpful in that regard as well. It's just overall normalized my moods without making me a docile zombie like the anti-depressants did. These have been proven to promote neurogenesis which is a big fighter against dementia and alzheimers.

When I bought them I just folded them into my daily supplement routine(aminos, vitamins, etc) and sort forgot about them. It wasn't until I was talking to someone who had been helping me through my tough times and they said "You've been doing good. It's been over a month and no bad days right?" And I thought about it, I was like "Yea, you know, it HAS been over a month. I didn't realize that. Not only have I not had any bad days, I haven't been sad at all." Which was definitely NOT the norm. So of course the logical followup question is "What changes have you made recently?" And my immediate response was "Nothing. I've not done anything differently." But then the next day, I wake up, get ready for work, go to the kitchen and get ready to take my daily supplements and the light went off. "Oh yea! Those Host Defense supplements! I totally forgot about those!"

So here it's been 3.5 an a half months now and no bad days. No sad days. No loss of temper. It's been a big turn around. Granted, 3 months in the big scheme of things isn't very long, but as I'm sure you know when you're in that darkness 3 months feels like a lifetime.

I really feel like these supplements have been a game changer for me. Probably more appropriate to call them a life changer really. I mean it's hard for somoene to understand who hasn't been in that mindset, but when I caught myself making plans for something fun and exciting later this year it kinda hit me with the feels. I was looking forward to a future again.

Thanks for the link. I would like to get some. The stress I'm dealing with, these could be a good thing, even though I don't feel depressed, at least not to a huge degree. I guess I will have to overcome my reluctance to deal with Paypal.
David

This is olf thread, but that interview with Paul Stamets sounds like a real mind-opener! I'm all for geeking out, so I'm definitely gonna check that out. That's seriously fascinating stuff. It's amazing how these natural supplements can make a difference without the side effects.

I wish I had stumbled upon this thread sooner! The effects you described are seriously intriguing, and I'm genuinely interested to learn more about Lions Mane. I've dealt with my fair share of depression and panic attacks too, and this remedy might just be something worth exploring. It's always a relief to find alternatives to traditional meds that can be a bit hit-or-miss. Speaking of which, I've gone through experimenting with different medications in the past to tackle my own mental state. One tool that I found super handy during those times is the pill drug identifier. It's been a lifesaver when trying to find the right medicine amidst a sea of options. Just wanted to throw that out there in case anyone's navigating the medication maze like I was.

Last edited:

My best to U:)

O

Back