Max fork clamp/brace

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jedi-

Reaction score
Here is a picture of the first clamp-brace clamp back from being cast.
That is CAST only, meaning I haven't machined anything as yet nor has it been cleaned up. Mine will end up being chromed. Others could be painted or anodized etc. The clamp is quite light as it is hollow in the square section but is also quite strong.

I posted this to satisfy the curiosity surrounding it. More pictures will follow as I finish mine off.

Attachments

• clamp 008 (Medium).jpg
    clamp 008 (Medium).jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 197
Thanks for update and pic - can't wait to see it on your bike!

Keep us posted, very unique mod :worthy:

Mike

Test fitted to my 88 Max and it fits. A pile of work to calculate and machine it.
This is dummied up and I will use different bolts etc.
Now I can get it cleaned up and chromed to use on the other Max.:eusa_dance:

Attachments

• IMG_0056 (Large).jpg
    IMG_0056 (Large).jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_0055 (Large).jpg
    IMG_0055 (Large).jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 134
Jedi, it's great to see this idea becoming a reality. The brace came out looking great. Can't wait to see it chromed with the upper tubes too.

Mike

Jedi, it's great to see this idea becoming a reality. The brace came out looking great. Can't wait to see it chromed with the upper tubes too.

Mike

Shit , what can you NOT do , looks like i might have to ride up to Auckland when its summer and see the 88 again when its done .
Like you said "You probably wont recognise it "

:clapping::punk::clapping:

looks good but no room to lower it that's for sure.

Sean

looks good but no room to lower it that's for sure.

Sean

I think you can still lower the front end with the brace on. I have done some testing and the best I can compress the front forks while riding is 3.5" with my set up - and that's hitting the biggest bumps/potholes that I can find - racetech emulators and progressive springs, lowered 1 1/2"

With my set up, there's 6 3/4" between the lower triple and the lower fork section. The brace is 2 3/4", so that would leave 4" before bottoming out. Should be good to go with this set up.

Mike

Got 2 back from paint and the matching upper fork tube covers in black.
Looks much better after paint,mine is going to be chromed. :eusa_dance:

Attachments

• IMG_0092 (Large).jpg
    IMG_0092 (Large).jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_0087 (Large).jpg
    IMG_0087 (Large).jpg
    41 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_0084 (Large).jpg
    IMG_0084 (Large).jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 58
Got 2 back from paint and the matching upper fork tube covers in black.
Looks much better after paint,mine is going to be chromed. :eusa_dance:

Damn Jedi, they did come out very nice - better than I could have expected. It's amazing the amount of work and talent you put into this piece. Great job and thanks for keeping us updated.

Mike

Well here's the installed Jedi forkclamp/brace, painted black, installed on the Shadowmax. Everything fit together perfectly on the first attempt to install. Now that is some awsome skill on Steve's part and definitely deserves an award!

Now for the answer to long standing question: it does stiffing up the front forks!

Thanks Steve for taking on this project and looking forward to the custom mods coming on your new project max.

Mike

Attachments

• 100-0005.jpg
    100-0005.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 84
  • 100-0007.jpg
    100-0007.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 58
  • 100-0006.jpg
    100-0006.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 70
Took a ride to Parry Sound to meet up with Sheldon (02Moneypit) yesterday - did about 250 miles round trip and I can honestly say that the fork brace/clamp definitely makes the front forks feel much stiffer.

Overall, very happy with the looks and how it works.

Mike

Attachments

• vbgarage.jpg
    vbgarage.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 43
Took a ride to Parry Sound to meet up with Sheldon (02Moneypit) yesterday - did about 250 miles round trip and I can honestly say that the fork brace/clamp definitely makes the front forks feel much stiffer.

Overall, very happy with the looks and how it works.

Mike
Looks good Mike! Shadowmax slips a little further into the shadows with those Jedi braces.
Do the lower cap head bolt do the clamping to the fork leg?

Looks good Mike, glad it all fitted ok :banana:

Thanks again, Steve for the custom one off mod for the Shadowmax. I think it's a great looking unique piece.

Brian, the lower bolts clamp the brace tubes to the fork legs and the upper smaller bolts to the lower triple trees.

Mike

Well, zzzzzzzz zzz zzz finally got my brace back from chrome as it was a complete pain to chrome it, but I'm really happy with the result. i'll fit it up on the weekend if I get chance and get a picture on the bike.:eusa_dance:

Attachments

• IMG_0308 (Large).jpg
    IMG_0308 (Large).jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 55
Got it mounted at last!

Attachments

• IMG_0342 (Large).jpg
    IMG_0342 (Large).jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0343 (Large).jpg
    IMG_0343 (Large).jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 45