• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold 17 inch wheel Mad Max Yamaha V-Max1200

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul Civitello

Reaction score
check it out guys 17 inch wheel by 6.25 inches wide, will accommodate a 180mm would need to notch in the swing arm for 200mm rear tire. The weight of this wheel is 15 pounds it is the lightest rear wheel around. This is not a welded wheel we do not weld wheels. The wheel will work with all stock components including axle,drive spider, brake caliper, rotor, and the stock final drive. Buyer would need to remove drive spider from there stock wheel and put into this wheel. Call for pricing 203-574-7859

Attachments

• rh1.jpg
    rh1.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • rh2.jpg
    rh2.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • rh3.jpg
    rh3.jpg
    1,023.8 KB · Views: 0
Nice looking wheel. It is not the lightest by the way (not even close) but it's light for something that is at least close to a stock like design. WAY lighter then the old RC COMP wheels. Too bad about the 6.25" width as that isn't ideal for these swingarms.
Still, it looks good and nice for people to have options still.

Hi Sean its nice to hear from you. You might not have made any 6.25 wide wheels but with the stock swing arm un-altered a 180mm tire will go on easily for a 200mm it would need to be notched like I said before. I have the wheel mounted directly in the center of the swing arm and you can see the space that you have on each side. You probably don't have a lot of experience making wheels. In the 80s into the 90s these were all that was available then I moved onto cnc machining wheels from aluminum blanks. A lot of my street and drag bikes have these wheels and ran in the low 8s in the quarter mile. If anybody needs any help on how to put one together don't hesitate to give me a call. These are the same exact hoops that Sandy Kosman used. I bought the rest of his material when he stopped making the three spoke wheels I know I might have a few more around.
j1.jpgj2.jpgj3.jpg

I have had the 6.25" width wheels before (All american wheels used to offer the same blanks). It is not an ideal size for the arm as mentioned though the 180 fits well on that (though the ideal size for a 180 width is actually 5.5"). A 190 or even 200 would fit great on the 6.25" width but then as you mentioned you'd have to notch the arm to clear the rubber.

I'd say I have a bit of experience and exposure to about every wheel made at one time or another (including yours) and we do offer wheels too. Actually working on a few new wheels but they won't be as light as yours are. My favorite for weight and function was the Carrozzeria wheels though they are 18's (which fill up the wheel opening better in my opinion) but they are long out of production (I commissioned the last 50 sets quite some years ago).

I have not had any issues with weld up wheels or the machined wheels, or the bolt up wheels either. Just different ways of making them that have different pro's and cons.

As I said in the first post. It is great for people to have options and so far yours is the lightest in a style that at least has similarities to the stock wheel. There are lighter wheels out there (including some that aren't weld ups) but they don't have the same styling.

Last edited:
Back