Anybody hear of the Easy Inject Kit for the Vmax 1200?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tjchung65

Reaction score
Its from some overseas company (Brazil, I think) called Easy Rider and apparently its a bolt-on fuel injection kit that pumps air-fuel right down the air box intakes through the carb bodies.
The mixture is supposedly controlled via bluetooth thru an app on your android phone.

Here's the company's website : https://easyridertec.com.br/produtos/easy-inject-para-vmax-1200/
And here's their youtube installation video :

Everything is in Portuguese (I think) so its hard to follow but maybe the more knowledgable members might be able to get more out of the website's downloadable manual and youtube video.
If I'm reading the price right, 2,999.90 Brazilian Reals works out to about 580$ which is less than the price of a full 4 carb rebuild and tune with original Yamaha parts in my locality.

Anyway, hoping someone can shed some light on this, seems intriguing.

I have no information on this nor have I read anything on it.
The cynic in me thinks that just because it is fuel injection doesn't mean that it will perform any better than the OE system.

I the absence of feedback from anyone who has direct experience of this we would need to see torque and power graphs together with air/ fuel ratio's before a more considered opinion can be given. I'd also be interested in how the fuel consumption and emissions are affected.

Some other thoughts:
  • The video shows that the throttle slides and needles are removed so I'm assuming that no fuel is going through the float chambers?
  • If so then the injection system is handling everything from cold start to full throttle?
  • Is there any adjustment in the system to alter air/ fuel ratios through the rev range and also what facility to prove the carbs equivalent of choke for cold starts?
  • Is having the injectors up stream of the throttle butterflies is detrimental to performance?
  • Not sure what the gismo is that fits to the fuel pump - something to up the delivery pressure?
  • What displacement was the engine the injectors were originally fitted to?
Once again, wearing my cynics hat, you tend to get what you pay for and for an efficient injection system this seems awfully cheap.

However, as always I'm happy to be proven wrong.

After closely studying the video, I see that the provided parts to plug the carb diaphrams and airbox joints are simple 3-D printed pieces.
You can see the ridges where the 3-D printer laid each layer of molten plastic.
This is the most basic 3-D printer you can get. These printers most commonly print using ABS and PLA filament.

ABS (Acrylonitrile butadiene styrene) is what lego blocks and household appliances are made of. It usually cannot tolerate temps higher than 80 degrees Centigrade. I would not want that anywhere near an engine, especially a Vmax engine that overheats at the drop of a hat.

PLA (Polylactic acid) is biodegradeable, can be damaged or discolored when in contact with water and can melt when exposed to acetone. Not sure of its temp tolerances. Imagine spraying carb cleaner on it.

There are other exotic 3-D printing filaments, but the one thing I'm worried about how any of these materials will react when constantly subjected to gasoline/air mixtures at high temperatures.

Good points you've raised. I have no issues with the OEM system, it works for me, and I've disassembled enough of them to know my way around them.

After closely studying the video, I see that the provided parts to plug the carb diaphrams and airbox joints are simple 3-D printed pieces.
You can see the ridges where the 3-D printer laid each layer of molten plastic.
This is the most basic 3-D printer you can get. These printers most commonly print using ABS and PLA filament.

ABS (Acrylonitrile butadiene styrene) is what lego blocks and household appliances are made of. It usually cannot tolerate temps higher than 80 degrees Centigrade. I would not want that anywhere near an engine, especially a Vmax engine that overheats at the drop of a hat.

PLA (Polylactic acid) is biodegradeable, can be damaged or discolored when in contact with water and can melt when exposed to acetone. Not sure of its temp tolerances. Imagine spraying carb cleaner on it.

There are other exotic 3-D printing filaments, but the one thing I'm worried about how any of these materials will react when constantly subjected to gasoline/air mixtures at high temperatures.
I wasn't sure if it was just a crappily turned product until one of the closeups. It is 3d printed, and poorly. So, ABS degrades at 80 when it's always at 80 but doesn't transition until like 100-105c. I'm not sure the temp is the sticking point on those parts, also there are exotic filaments that could get around this.
3d printing is mostly for prototypes though and even at small layer height and 100% fill or honeycomb or whatever it's not going to be very strong long term. If they gave you the cad model or something I might go with it, but replacing a bespoke part that's 3d printed? Absolutely not. Also ABS and gasoline react, and other common filaments are weaker so... No? Get them an injection mold. The cynic in me says everywhere I go people talk to me about their old carbureted bike collection they've gotten over the years, and if there was a way to poof no more carb them for 500 bucks there would certainly be the money laying around to get legit manufacturing processes and we would absolutely hear about it. Happy Halloweekend from FL.

If this outfit spent tens of millions (USD) on their system, they MIGHT be close to the reliability, longevity, and performance Yamaha built in. If we didn't have ethanol in our fuel, the OEM setup has the potential to run perfect close to 40 years after assembly and tens of thousands of miles later, on an untouched set of carbs. It's probably happened somewhere.

Even WITH the ethanol issues we encounter, a well trained or experienced mechanic can "repair" a set of carbs in a few hours after the bike has been improperly stored or ignored for years.

All that said, kudos to these guys that can take a 3D printer and a computer and assemble a fuel injection system to put on their bike and get rid of their ethanol issues. (mostly) Only to have a whole new set of issues to address. (including us VMax forum critics, LOL)

And then be brave enough to offer it for sale !

I'M IMPRESSED by these guys and the member from UK or France that put together one last year.

The Brazilian made EFI system doesn't utilize an oxygen sensor......how is that supposed to work?
If you think back to like the old GM TBIs, they had an oxygen sensor....but it was for monitoring the EGR gases. Not fuel management. Fuel management was controlled by the ECM via the Coolant Temperature Sensor, Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor and the Throttle Position Sensor.

Is it the best way to manage a fuel system? No. But it can manage a fuel system without an oxygen sensor.

And for those not quite familiar with the GM TBI engines.....the single wire oxygen sensor is located on the left side of the engine in the exhaust manifold.

Back