Barnett Carbon Fibre Friction Plate Kit - HELP

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gleno

Reaction score
Well look what I bought to play with - Barnett Carbon Fibre Friction Plate Kit :banana:

With instructions that mean bugger all to me :ummm:

Does anyone know why there are eight plates in the set :ummm:

Where does the little plate go :ummm:

I'd appreciate some assistance from anyone who has fitted these things or who can just tell me what order, direction and sequence they should be installed in :confused2:

Attachments

• clutch pack.jpg
    clutch pack.jpg
    215.8 KB · Views: 25
  • instructions.jpg
    instructions.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 32
  • plates.jpg
    plates.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 38
because there are 8 plates that need replaced. Soak them in oil for an hour before installing. The little plate is hidden behind the metal plate that is help in place by the wire (behind the two large "washers"). Be careful and pay attention to the fact that one of the washers is actually a spring and is directional (it's stamped on the surface which way to orientate it). OR you can get rid of the little plate, washers, and wire and replace it with another full size friction plate (get a yamaha one). This helps engage even better. Not only that but you can buy another diaphragm spring and stack them together for the "Double D" mod which really improves clutch grab.

Sean Morley

because there are 8 plates that need replaced. Soak them in oil for an hour before installing. The little plate is hidden behind the metal plate that is help in place by the wire (behind the two large "washers"). Be careful and pay attention to the fact that one of the washers is actually a spring and is directional (it's stamped on the surface which way to orientate it). OR you can get rid of the little plate, washers, and wire and replace it with another full size friction plate (get a yamaha one). This helps engage even better. Not only that but you can buy another diaphragm spring and stack them together for the "Double D" mod which really improves clutch grab.

Sean Morley

Thanks for the info Sean (especially the heads up on the directional washers/spring. My manual isn't as detailed as your brain. :thumbs up:

You have suggested that the little plate could be replaced with a standard large plate. I assume this means that its OK to mix carbon fibre with the stock friction plate:ummm:

yes, we've not had a problem with that but I don't like the barnett discs myself. They aren't as good as stock fibers are.

Sean Morley

So the carbon fibre plates offer no benefits? :blink000:

Did I waste my money? :puke:

some have had problems while others haven't. I actually love the hell out of them for the old Maxims and Seca's. I have a clutch set that has been through about 6 engines - LOL!

I just prefer the stock fibers.

Sean

So the carbon fibre plates offer no benefits? :blink000:

Did I waste my money? :puke:

some have had problems while others haven't. I actually love the hell out of them for the old Maxims and Seca's. I have a clutch set that has been through about 6 engines - LOL!

I just prefer the stock fibers.

Sean

Most forums consensus is that stockers are pretty damn hard to beat. Especially Suzuki's... :thumbs up:

Sean Morley

Thanks for this advice Sean.

I fitted the barnett kit and ditched the little plate, washers and wire and replaced them with a full size Yamaha friction plate.

The clutch lever is way lighter and as easy to use as the wife's 250. Engagement is positive and try as I might, I can't get it to slip.

Thanks again.

Latest posts

Back