Battery Starting Issues

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 80459

Reaction score
Battery replacement seems to have fixed my starting issue. My 2017 Vmax was cranking over a bit laboriously (but has been starting), so I searched the forums and saw different opinions. Some say the Gen 2 starters are a bit weak (which may very well be true) but there were a lot of other valid opinions as well. I decided to try a better battery, because in my experience, slow cranking is usually do to a weak battery and that it eventually damages other components (the starter motor most often). The old battery was showing 12.94 after setting an hour from a full charge, and the new battery shows 13.35 volts after setting an hour from a full charge. The new battery I bought is the NOCO NLP14 and now the beast roars immediately: cranking revolutions are quicker and it starts with just a couple revolutions versus the 5 to 10 that it was taking. It's a 500 CCAmp lithium battery a full built-in battery management system, it fits perfectly in the space with one of the included spacers underneath, and it is lighter -and no more "crankin away at it". It starts easily now, just as it should.

Attachments

• bagger.jpg
    bagger.jpg
    483.2 KB · Views: 0
Back