CA car spotter

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
If you cannot immediately i.d. the movie, turn in your 'car guy' card!

Photo by the author in the San Francisco Bay area this past weekend.

Dodge Charger vs Mustang GT (2).jpg

Car color looks dark to me though for the 'Stang
That's the 'in the shade' side of the car. You can see where the light falls upon the body, it's a lighter color. Just seeing those two together mad my heart race. My brother and I had just watched the movie together and while we were out driving around San Francisco, he would tell me, "this was in the street scene." Look for the green VW bug, it shows up repeatedly.

Here are a few other cars I spotted driving around San Francisco, Marin County, and the East Bay. The guy with the '61 409 SS Impala convertible, had owned it since high school, and I estimate he was between 55-60 y.o.

Chevrolet convertible.jpgChevrolet Impala SS 1961.jpgChevy Nomad 1957 sea foam.01.jpgDodge A100 420 Day SFO.jpgPorsche 356.02.jpgSunbeam Alpine.jpgVW van-pickup.jpg

Last edited:
Some more. This was displayed by the side of the road. It was in a rural area of PCH 1 and I suppose served as an advertisement for the guy's business (next pic after). There was also a frame with wheels/tires on the front end, but no rear axle, sitting on the other side of the guy's driveway, on the swale.

Chevy Corvette CA.02.jpg

'C3's welcome,' I suppose his shingle should say.

FYI the first year C3's weren't referred to by GM as 'Stingrays' but the name was so-popular, they brought it back in 1969.

Chevy Corvette CA.01.jpg

A Morris Minor, I believe.

woodie CA.jpg

Supporting role in 'Jaws.'

Chevy pick-up CA.01.jpg

For Land Cruiser fans.

Toyota truck CA.jpg

Last edited:
Nice! I was just talking to a young guy at work and asked him if he ever saw the movie Dirty Mary Crazy Larry, which is another of my car chase favorite movies. He never heard of it, my next door neighbor had a 1970 lime green charger r/t when I was a little kid around the time I saw the movie at what was called a drive in theater. Lol those are as rare as some of these old cars now. Now we have 800hp cars and 8 second electric cars, how times have changed.

how times have changed
Yes they surely-have! I'm not yet an owner of a hybrid or an electric car or motorcycle, but they are making progress. I still like the traditional internal combustion vehicles. Being retired, I don't have to drive much, and where I am is congested, and some people drive in a very hazardous fashion. I avoid a.m. and p.m. rush hours if I can. I'd just as-soon stay home and avoid the stop & go traffic, the aggressive drivers, and the impaired/distracted drivers, all of whom make it risky to be on the highway on 2 wheels or four.

Yes you're correct. I don't mind a bit of 'poetic license' because of the spirit of the thing being represented. That Charger has mags and Wilwood discs and calipers, the original movie car had Mopar steel wheels with hubcaps, which the car kept shedding during the filming.

Always liked them 68 chargers.
I use to see my brothers all the time.( from the rear view mirror, in my 71 chevelle. )
He only had a 318 engine. While the chevelle had a 400 small block. And some goodies .20210818_182208.jpg

Wow, the color is really cool. I would really like a Japanese car. After global multinational automobile corporations, the list of Japanese automobile brands is followed by several Japanese companies that are quite well-known in many countries, producing a noticeably smaller number of cars. Among such companies are the well-known and respected Suzuki brand and the slightly less well-known Isuzu brand. It was one of these cars that I decided to order myself with the help of services that deal with jdm import cars. I'm sure it will be cool.

Last edited:
Back