Carb Sync questions

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deekjx

Reaction score
I just received my carb sync tool (mercury based) and it came with 5mm hookups and 6mm hookups. Well, I don't see how these hookups are supposed to be used. I put restrictors in the hoses and just slid the hoses onto the appropriate locations.

Also I thought I had a major problem with one of the measurements dropping out but after searching these forms and fiddling with it, it seems my choke was on just a hair. That stopped the one measurement from dropping out. I had created a video of it if you want to see the issue at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYWlLwxG9Do
(note the third reading)

I think that part is okay now but I did notice something during the tuning process. My bike before had breaks in the sound. Like two fires, a pause, two fires. a pause. Something like that. When tuning it, it had no pauses. That was because of the choke. After closing the choke its back to the pause thing.

My questions are:
1) What are the metal 6mm fittings for?
2) How is the bike supposed to sound at idle? Pauses, Smoothly?

Thanks in advanced.

Good to know. I wasn't sure I was hooked up correctly or not. Instructions said they were for Yamaha. Thanks again. I'm not to worried about the sound anymore. I took it for a short ride and it sounds great. Since I'm not familiar with it, I thought the way it sounded previously was fine. I can hear the difference and feel it in the ride though since the carb sync.

Back